Chapter 40

Allie's POV

I got up and left Jack there alone. That was super awkward. He had a girlfriend and I was single, I'm used to that by now. He did the same thing to me four years ago without even breaking it off with me.

I was jealous. I mean wasn't! I wasn't jealous! I don't like Jack! I moved on! I'm not kidding I did!

My thoughts were interrupted by a car honking at me. Shit. I forgot I was driving. I pressed the pedal and began driving to Taco Bell. I ate a little at iHop to save my appetite for this.

I walked in and explained everything to Bianca. She told me I had to look amazing tonight. I was going to walk in escorted by Nash since we were very close.

I got home and had the perfect idea. I had recently bought a new grey skin tight dress, much different from the one Jack picked out. I was going to wear that tonight.

Bianca was going to wear a black strapless dress. I let her borrow my heels because she didn't want Sam making fun of her height like he always did.

I did my makeup the same way I did when I first saw Jack. It wasn't too much and it wasn't too little.

I put on grey heels and waited for Nash to come over. Tonight had to be good and I knew I'd be super drunk because let's be honest who isn't going to get drunk when they turn 21?

Johnson's POV

I shot a text to Allie to let her know my "girlfriend" wasn't going to be able to make it tonight.

J- Hey Allie my girlfriend can't make it tonight she's very sick :(

A- Aw that's too bad. I really wanted to meet her :/ you can stay home with her if you want :)

J- I can't miss your birthday! Don't worry I'll be there😘

J- I mean 😊*

A- Alright...

J- Sorry...

Shit. I can't believe I put that emoji. She's going to know what's going on now. I mess everything up.

That day when Allie said she never wanted to see me again was the worst day of my life. I didn't cheat on her. That girl came up to me and kissed me and I couldn't push her off. I wasn't even kissing her back! Allie gave me no time to explain and I lost her. Again. Tonight was my last chance to get her back before some other hot shot came in taking her from me.

I wore the colors she liked. Grey and white. I know I always wear these colors, but tonight I was in a suit. I did my hair nicely and I hoped she would like it. I went to go pick up flowers and candy.

I bought some wine. It was the same wine she told me her parents drank at their wedding. I know it's crazy I remember that, but can you blame me? I'm in love.

I really needed to kiss her right now. I wanted to hug her. I wanted her to be mine again, but I lied. I lied about having a girlfriend. I lied saying it wasn't awkward talking to her. I lied when I said it was okay that she paid. I lied. I wanted to tell her the truth and tonight I would have to.