Welcome to 51- Chapter 9

This chapter is Matt's POV and has to do with the house! 

Today were getting our new paramedic. It's definitely going to be different at 51. I remember when it was just Gabby and Shay. Gabby was here first and I remember when we first met. We just stared at each other and we knew. I was with Hallie though at the time. We both still felt it though. we were such great friends for the longest time. That was all before Hallie was murdered and things become complicated. After going through everything, we realized that something was meant to be between us.  We were close for a reason. Things for us are serious. I know what I want. I want Gabby to be my wife. I wanted to ask her to marry me. I was just waiting for the right time and place. 

I was standing by the truck. I had only been here for 20 minutes. The new paramedic walked in. She looked at me " excuse me... Leslie Shay... where is she?" I looked at her " oh... you must be our new paramedic.." She smiled " yeah.. Sylvie Brett!" I nodded " Shay's in there... come in i'll show you!" I saw shay " Shay.... this is Sylvie Brett... she's your new partner..." She smiled " Hi,  you can call me shay... nice to meet you.. i'll show you around!" She smiled " thanks..." 

We all sat down for lunch after a few calls. Mouch asked " so Brett... where did you come from?" She smiled " Indinana..." Mills added " and... you came here to Chicago.. cause.." She smiled " change... Indianna where I live is small... I just needed to see something new." Casey nodded " Glad your here..."