A Chance Encounter With His Majesty

I walked into my new apartment with a quiet sigh. There would be a lot of unpacking to do... Tomorrow. For right now all I wanted to do was eat and go to bed. I walked over to my fridge and sighed again. 'Of course it's empty, (y/n), did you think they'd leave something in the fridge for you?' Shaking my head, I grabbed my keys, pulling my jacket on. It was still generally early, only 5:30, so the supermarket would be open. Might as well get my shopping done anyway, I'd be busy tomorrow.

I slid into my car and looked up the closest supermarket. Apparently, Wal-Mart counted as a supermarket now. It was only a few blocks but I'd need to carry a lot, so the car was justified. Driving over, I parked and went inside, looking around. Chicken, rice, some veggies, bread, milk, some other drinks. Hopefully, I'd be able to remember everything, I almost never did.

Turning into another aisle, I gasped as I got hit in the forehead with a sticky Nerf dart. I looked down the aisle for the culprit and found four grown men staring at me. "Which one of you do I get to shoot?" I asked, pushing the cart to the side.

Three of them pointed to the one with the blue hair and he glared at them. "Traitors." He hissed, then raised his flannel-covered arm. "Me. I'm sorry, I was trying to hit Sean."

"Don't go blaming this on me now!" The green haired guy to the side said in a pretty great Irish accent.

I bit back a smile and walked over to the one with blue hair, holding my hand out for his gun. He handed it over and stepped to the end of the aisle.

"If you can catch me!" He said, quickly fleeing into the next aisle. I could hear his chuckling and his friend's laughter as they too dispersed.

I smirked and shook my head slightly. "Come on now boys, just accept your punishment!" I ran after him, groceries forgotten.

"Hey, if you're afraid you can't hit us, then we'll-" The tall, lankier one stopped as a dart stuck to the side of his head and he looked at I in disbelief. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" He told them, waving his arms around wildly.

"Dead people can't talk, or move!" I said, slipping into the next aisle. He laughed and fell to the floor dramatically, clutching his chest, despite the dart still stuck to his temple. I walked forward slowly, seeing people giving I weird looks and kids asking their moms if they could play. One little girl waved at I and pointed towards a carousel of sweaters, giggling quietly. I smiled and held my finger up, telling her to hold her giggles.

With a quick slide of the sweaters, I watched as the big and tall man held his hands up. "I surrender!" He laughed, coming out of the clothes.

"Bob you can't surrender, that's the cowards way out!" The Irish guy, Sean, said from an aisle away.

"No, it's survival!" Bob answered with a laugh.

I gave him a smile and shook my head, shooting him in the chest. "Nope, it's the cowards way out."

"She takes no prisoners!" He warned, going to stand to the side next to his fallen comrade. "At least I wasn't first." He said, patting the man's back gently.

I laughed and slipped into the aisle Jack had been in. "Here Seany Boy!" I called, smirking. There was a muffled laugh and I turned, shooting quickly.

"Damn!" Sean laughed, "How'd you know?"

"I heard you giggling." I confessed.

He gave me an offended look. "I do not giggle! I am a macho man!" He flexed, trying to look macho, and I laughed, shooting him again.

"What is it you guys don't get about the dead not talking?" I asked with a laugh, looking around for the original target.

"Some zombies talk," Bob answered. The man next to him snapped sassily and Sean shook his head with a grin. "Run while you can Mark! She'll find you!"