Guys Are Weird

You came out of the bathroom with your clothes in a pile in your arms and your hair wrapped in a towel on your head, smiling at Mark.

"Just give me a second to change and then we'll throw your stuff in the dryer." He told you, walking past you into the bathroom. You went and sat at his computer chair, smiling at the screen. He's such a goofball. After a minute he came out in shorts and a t-shirt, his wet clothes in a ball too. "I can take those." He said, taking your wet clothes as he led you out of the room and downstairs to a little laundry room. He tossed the soggy material into the dryer and smiled as he motioned towards the living room again. "Shall we?" 

"I believe we shall my good sir." You said, grinning as you walked back to the living room and sat on the small couch. Mark sat next to you and put his arm around you, pulling you towards him. 

"What should we watch?" Bob asked, holding the remote. 

"Something scary!" Jack shouted. Well, maybe he was just saying it very loudly...

You shook your head quickly. "Dear god no, I'm a big baby when it comes to scary movies." You told them. 

Wade grinned and nodded "Scary movie it is!" 

Mark chuckled, looking down at you "Don't worry about it, nothing's gonna happen with Chica here, right Chica-bica?" He said, Chica pressing her head into his lap as he rubbed her head gently. 

You smiled at Chica but looked up at Mark. "I'm sure she's a gentle giant." You grinned, to which Mark nodded, chuckling.

"I mean, I'm here too, nothing's getting past these guns." He said, flexing his biceps in front of you with his lips pursed. 

You laughed, pushing his arm away and blushing "Stop that and choose a movie." You told him. 

Bob tossed Mark the remote and he looked through the movies, putting one on at random. Grave Encounters seemed stupid to begin with, no way in hell were you going into anything that was haunted.

Forty minutes into the movie and you were curled up in Mark's side, your arms wrapped around your legs and your chin tucked into your knees. Mark grinned and pulled you up into his lap, your back against his chest with his arms wrapped around you. "I told you I was-" You cut yourself off, gasping and hiding your face in your knees. 

Mark kissed your hair, chuckling quietly "You did tell me." He said, rubbing your arms gently. "It's just a movie." He promised. The second the words left his lips, the lights went out, the tv shutting off. You gripped Mark's arms, holding on tightly as there were quiet shufflings around the room.

"Um... Did we blow a fuse or something?" Bob asked from somewhere to the left. 

Jack's face lit up from the screen of his phone. "No I don't think so." He pointed to the window, where the whole street had gone dark. 

"What the hell?" Wade asked, getting up. 

You held onto Mark tightly and he rubbed your arms. "It's alright, this happens sometimes. They've been doing work in the grid, everything will turn back on in a few minutes." He promised.

"Demons." You spat, looking around as Chica jumped onto the couch and whined quietly, laying her head in your lap. You rubbed her ears gently, turning a bit to face Mark. "If I die, you'd better tell my sister I died because you put on a scary movie." You joked, bouncing against his chest a bit when he laughed.

"Well what now?" Jack asked. 

Mark tapped your thigh and set you on the couch. "I'll get a flashlight." He said, walking towards what was most likely the kitchen. He came back with two big flashlights, setting one on the table pointed at the ceiling and bringing the other to the couch. He turned it on and put it on the floor, Chica getting up to lick his face.