The Royal Dinner

((I'm just gonna type in the first person so it'll be easier to follow.))

***Mark's POV***

I glanced over at (y/n) as I drove out of the parking lot. "You look nice by the way," I said quietly, giving her a soft smile as we headed up the block. 

"Thank you," she blushed, "you look nice too." She looked at her hands, twisting her fingers into a knot. 

Was she as nervous as I was or was that just something she did when she had nothing else to do with her hands? 'I know what I'd like her to do with her hands,' a quiet voice in the back of my head whispered, pulling images of her hands on my bare back and her fingers tangled in my hair to mind. I quickly shook my head to clear it and smiled at her. "Our first stop tonight," I said, parking and coming around to open her door.

She was blushing before I got there, trying to hide it by looking away. "You don't have to do that Mark, really, I can-"

"I know I don't have to. I want to." I repeated, smiling as I offered my arm again. My smile widened when she slipped her arm through mine. "This is my favorite burger place, it's great," I said, opening the front door for her. Walking inside a seater greeted us. "Hi, party of two under Fischbach?" The seater nodded and led us to a small booth in the back, leaving us with menus and glasses of water.

 (Y/n) smiled at me from across the table, blushing lightly and looking at her menu. After a second she glanced up. "So tell me about yourself, Mark. I realized I know almost nothing about you. How old are you? Where do you work? What do you do in your free time? Are you going to lock me in your basement and starve me?"

I chuckled and waved her off. "Well I'm 26 and no, I don't plan on locking you in my basement," I told her, hoping she would drop the questions about my work and free time. I'd tell her who I was... Eventually... "What about you? Am I gonna go to jail because you look like you could be my age when you're really 14? Are you going to abandon our date in a weird and sudden way to tell me that we won't work out?"

(Y/n) laughed, shaking her head "I'm 23, but thanks for the compliment, and I won't be abandoning our date unless you give me a really good reason to." She promised. 

A waitress came up and smiled at us, asking what drinks we'd like to start with. (Y/n) got a milkshake and I got a ginger ale. When the waitress left I smiled and looked across the table at (y/n). "I'm glad you said yes, I would've felt pretty stupid if I'd read too much into our little game of cat and mouse."

"Cat and mouse? Please, I slaughtered you guys, it was more like a lioness and potted plants." She laughed, taking a sip of her milkshake as it was delivered. "But I'm glad I said yes too so far."

"You say that like you expect this to suddenly go very, very wrong." I pointed out. She stiffened and looked down. Maybe I shouldn't have said that... 

A second later she relaxed again, almost so quickly it seemed it hadn't happened. "I won't lie, I'm just getting back into the dating scene. But that's more of a 5th or 6th date story." She told me, waving it off.

"Oh, so there will be multiple dates after this one?" I teased, making her blush. I laughed and she smiled, relaxing back into her seat a bit more. 

We ordered our food and made small talk, mostly just asking each other simple questions. Her favorite color and her favorite mode of transportation, my favorite book and the charity I most wanted to give to. I decided to do another round of cursing charity videos tomorrow and give the money to the charity she wanted to help with, (insert charity you like name here). 

After eating she excused herself to the bathroom and I sat back with a small smile, thinking about the night so far. It was a bit obvious she was nervous but she seems to be relaxing the longer we talked, which was good. I didn't want her to be nervous around me, even though she was cute when she rubbed her thumbs against her fingers when she didn't have anything else to do with them. 

"Oh my god it's Markiplier!" Someone said from a few tables away. I looked over and saw a few girls looking my way and blushing. I smiled, not wanting to be rude but not wanting to encourage them too much. (Y/n) would be back soon and I wanted her to get to know me a bit better before I told her anything about YouTube. Two of the girls got up and I sat up a bit. "H-hi, can we have your autograph?" One asked shyly. 

"Of course." I smiled, quickly signing the little books they had in their hands. Did they carry these things around everywhere? 

"Can we take a quick picture?" The other asked, giving me a pleading smile and waving her phone a bit.

"Sure," I said, taking the phone and snapping a selfie with the both of them. 

"Oh," The first girl said, looking at (y/n)'s plate. "You're here with someone."  

"Yes, I am," I answered, glancing towards the bathrooms. 

"Who is it? Bob? Wade? Ryan? Matt?" One asked. 

The other nudged her gently and looked at (y/n)'s jacket on the back of the chair. "He's on a date!" She said quietly, glancing towards the bathrooms herself. "We'll let you finish your dinner now. Hope it goes well."

I smiled and nodded "Thank you, so do I." I told them. They sat down just as (y/n) got back from the bathrooms. The girl who'd asked for the picture smiled and gave me a thumbs up while the other did a little dance in her seat. I bit back a chuckle and gave them a subtle look, my finger over my lips. They both nodded and pretended to lock their lips and throw the keys away.

"That was probably the best burger I've ever had." (Y/n) smiled at me, bringing me back to our date.

"I'm glad you liked it. Ready to go on the next leg of our adventure?" She smiled, nodding with a slight blush, and I asked the waitress for the check. 

"How much do I owe?" (Y/n) asked, taking out her phone wallet case thing. 

"None," I answered, slipping a fifty into the check slot and closing it. 

She frowned and looked up at me from across the table. "Mark-"

"I asked you on a date, I'm paying, that's final," I told her, pushing her phone into her hand gently. 

"At least let me get the tip." She said, pouting slightly. 

I wanted to pull her close and press my lips to hers, but I wasn't sure if I wanted the pouting to stop or not. I shook that thought away and smiled. "I've got it, really."

"Fine," She said quietly, still pouting, "but next time I'm at least covering the tip. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you have to pay for everything on a date."

"If it makes you feel better you can pay for snacks at our next stop," I told her, standing and taking her hand as she stood. She blushed lightly but didn't let go and I decided to push my luck, intertwining our fingers. Her blush deepened but she didn't pull away and a victorious smile slid onto my face. 

"Where are we going?" (Y/n) asked as I opened the car door for her once again. 

I smiled but didn't answer, going around and sitting in the car. She watched me, waiting for an answer with her nose twinkling a bit like Samantha from Bewitched. "You'll see soon enough, Ms (L/n)," I promised, pulling out into the street.