Lemondrop Shots and Angel Shots

You smiled at Mark as he helped move things around the living room, stepped to the side to answer a text.

"Hey Y/n, it's Leanne. Are you free tonight?"

You looked back at Mark and the guys, biting your lip. Mark saw and raised an eyebrow, making you shrug. "Leanne wants to know if I'm free tonight."

Mark smiled and waved you off. "Go ahead, we're not filming tonight. We're probably just going to be rehearsing."

You nodded and replied, "Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you wanna come out for drinks with me? I'm supposed to meet this guy and I'm not good at breaking the ice, so I said I was going out with some of my friends from work if he wanted to meet me at the bar."

"Sure! Where and when?"

"Red, White, and Brew, at 9:30?"

"I'll see you there." You turned to Mark and kissed his cheek. "I'm gonna go be Leanne's wing-woman."

Mark grinned, raising an eyebrow. "No slaying of any kings." He warned.

"There are no other kings to slay." You curtsied, hurrying upstairs to shower.

******************

You stepped into the bar at 9:35, looking around for Leanne. She waved from the bar and hurried over, a look of relief on her face. "Hey, thanks for coming. You look great!"

You smiled and glanced down at your outfit, a simple, gray fitted dress with gray kitten heels. "Thanks, you do too." You said as you reached over to fix her necklace so the clasp was behind her neck. "Blue is definitely your color. So, who's the guy?" You asked as she led you back towards the bar to sit down.

"Okay, so his name is Kade. He came in a couple days ago to pick up his friend, one of Aaron's clients. He got there early and we started talking, and he's super funny." She looked towards the door, biting her lip. "He should be here soon." She took a sip of her water and kept watching the door.

"Okay, you need to relax," you laughed, "time for a drink. What'll you have?"

"Vodka. Anything with vodka." She murmured, turning from the door as the bartender walked over.

"Can we have two shots of vodka and some lemon slices covered in sugar?" The bartender nodded and came back a minute later with the shots, handing you a little cup of lemon slices and some sugar packets. "Thanks." You turned to Leanne and handed her a shot glass. "Shot first, then eat the lemon." You poured the sugar onto the lemon slices and took one.

Leanne took the other and you clinked your shots before tossing them back. It burned going down and you slid the lemon into your mouths, chomping on it. Leanne's face wrinkled up and you laughed, putting the lemon peel down. "That was actually really good, what is that?" She asked.

"It's my favorite version of a Lemondrop shot." You explained, grinning.

Leanne nodded and looked down, frowning. "Shit, I got sugary lemon juice on myself." There was a small but noticeable splotch on her thigh, making the light blue of her dress almost black.

"Come with me," you said, pulling her towards the bathroom. You saw the hand dryers and wet some toilet paper, handing it to her. "Rub, then we can dry it."

Two minutes later you were walking back into the bar when you grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side. "Oh no."

She frowned, looking at you. "What's wrong?"

"My ex is here." You murmured, looking at the exit. You'd have to pass him to leave, and he'd notice.

"Where?" Leanne looked towards the bar and smiled. "Kade's here. Maybe he can make your ex go away." She pointed to the bar and you bit your lip.