No Crime, Dark!

The next morning you woke up to Mark knocking on the door. "Babe, breakfast is ready."

"I'll be right down." You said, getting up and going to brush your teeth. Downstairs, you sat down and smiled softly, looking at the food on the table. "Are you gonna do this every morning?" You asked Mark, smiling.

"Not every morning, I just figured I'd make breakfast again today so you can eat something before work." He said, kissing your hair before sitting across from you.

Taking a bite of food, you looked over at him. "Thank you."

Mark waved you off, smiling as you both ate. "I'll drop you off again today. Before you ask, yes, I'm sure."

"Mark you really don't have to."

"I know that babe. Part of why I do it is to ease my mind. You saw the picture yesterday. I don't want you getting hurt." He reached across the table and took your free hand, holding it gently. "I want you safe."

Frowning, you nodded. "Fine, but only for now. Pretty soon they'll arrest him again and we can go back to being normal."

"Okay angel." He said, squeezing your hand before letting go so you both could eat.

**********

Walking out to the car, you sat down, looking through your bag for a minute. "Mark, did I leave my-"

Mark held your phone through the window, smirking down at you. "Here you go kitten."

Not Mark. You took the phone and looked up at him, frowning. "We need to find a name for you, because I'm not going to call you Mark. And we haven't made a schedule yet, so be patient."

Shaking his head, he came around and got into the drivers side. "I'm not here about that. What were you and Mark talking about before?"

You rubbed the back of your neck, frowning. "The um... The picture?" He nodded and your frown deepened. "My ex has been following me. He sent me a picture of me and Mark when he was picking me up yesterday."

"Show me." He said, leaning towards your phone. Unlocking your phone, you went to the message and handed it to him. He looked down at it for a minute before looking over at you. Caressing your face, he shook his head. "Don't worry about this, I'll take care of it."

"What do you mean you'll take care of it?" You asked, "The police are already on it."

"I already told you, Y/n, you're mine now. That means you are mine to protect." He said simply. "No one will hurt you, not me, not Mark, and certainly not your suicidal ex. He'll leave you alone or he'll regret it."

"You can't hurt him," you said quickly.

He looked over at you, his face blank. "Why not? Do you still care for him?"

"No." You answered immediately. "You can't hurt him because you will go to jail, which means Mark will go to jail. DID is not a defense for assault."

"It wouldn't be an assault, he'd just go missing." He replied, making a "poof" motion with his hand. "No one would find his body."

"Body?" You asked, eyes wide. "There will be no body!"

"Exactly, he'll just be another missing person."

"Must you be so dark?" You asked, shaking your head. "No killing, no assaulting, no crime. If you get caught, you'll go to jail, and I don't want that." An idea came to you and you took his hands in yours, frowning. "Please. You said you'd give me anything I asked for. Don't do anything that could get you and Mark in trouble."