Sick with Guilt...?

***A Week Later***

You sat in your room, your arms around your torso. It had been a week since you left, and every day had just been worse. The guilt was eating at you to the point of actually making you sick. You were exhausted and had no appetite and when you did eat, you couldn't keep it down. You'd had a headache for two days now. As your phone rang, you groaned quietly and picked up. "What, Michael? I already left my boyfriend, moved across the country, and stopped talking to my family. What more could you possibly want from me?"

"I already told you, I want you to come live with me." He said for the millionth time in a week.

"I don't want to live right now, let alone be anywhere near you."

"Don't say that," Michael growled into the phone.

You sighed and thumped your already aching head against the wall. "I'm not coming to live with you, Michael."

"When your friend gets tired of you living in her house, and you have nowhere else to go, you'll come to me. So for now, it's just a request, not a demand."

"Nothing is a request when it comes from you. A request with consequences is a demand."

"Just think about it, okay? If you'd cooperate, I wouldn't need to add consequences."

"If you weren't such an asshole, maybe I'd cooperate. Then again, you made me leave a man who loved me and made it impossible to talk to my family without them being in danger, so maybe not." You growled back.

"Watch it, or I'll come bring you to my apartment, and you won't like that."

You glared at the wall and took a deep breath. "I'll think about it, okay? Just leave me alone for a while, Michael. Please." Your anger was suddenly gone, leaving you sounding pleading and pathetic; exactly how you felt.

"Fine. I'll talk to you tomorrow." He hung up and you rolled over, pressing your face into your pillow.

There was a quiet knock on your door. "Hey, you okay?" Jennifer asked through the door. "How're you feeling?"

You bit your lip, wanting to cry. "I'm fine, Jen, thanks."

She sighed and opened the door a crack. "I'm coming in," she announced before sliding in and sitting at the edge of your bed. "I know you don't want me to know what's going on, but maybe I can help. Even if I just listen." She scoot herself back and pulled her feet up until her knees were at her chest and her back was to the wall.

You sat up and copied her, leaning back into the wall. "I had to leave LA. My ex told me that if I didn't, he'd hurt people, and if I went to the police, he'd hurt Alex."

Jennifer frowned and put her hand on your knee. "I'm sorry..."

You shrugged. "I'm here, so Alex is safe, and so are Mark and Dark," you said. When her frown deepened you sighed. "I had a boyfriend in LA, and he has DID."

"Oh! Wait, so how did that- Never mind, not my business," Jen corrected, waving it off.

"Polyamorous relationship. It was working really well." You let your chin rest on your knees.

Jen nodded and moved closer, leaning into you. "Well at least everyone is safe, right?"

'No,' you wanted to say, 'I'm not,' but you just nodded. "He won't hurt them because I came back with him."

"Okay. Well, I'm gonna run out to the store, we're out of milk, eggs, and pads. Do you need anything?" She asked as she stood.

Pads.