The Royal Dinner *Your POV*

Mark glanced over at you as he drove out of the parking lot. "You look nice by the way." He said quietly, giving you a soft smile as you headed up the block. 

"Thank you," you blushed, "you look nice too." You looked at you hands, twisting your fingers into a knot. God, he was so... And you were just... You pushed that thought away. He'd asked you out; if he didn't think you were at least interesting, you wouldn't be in his car on your way to dinner.

"Our first stop tonight." He said, parking and coming around to open your door.

You blushed before he got there, trying to hide it by looking away. "You don't have to do that Mark, really, I can-"

"I know I don't have to. I want to." He repeated, smiling as he offered his arm again. Slipped your arm through his you smiled softly. "This is my favorite burger place, it's great." He said, opening the front door for the two of you. Walking inside a seater greeted you both. "Hi, party of two under Fischbach?" The seater nodded and led you to a small booth in the back, leaving you with menus and glasses of water. Mark Fischbach, you repeated in your head. Does he have a middle name?

 You smiled at him from across the table, blushing lightly and looking at your menu. After a second you glanced up. "So tell me about yourself Mark. I realized I know almost nothing about you. How old are you? Where do you work? What do you do in your free time? Are you going to lock me in your basement and starve me?" That was only half a joke. You'd been with some crazy guys...

"Well I'm 26 and no, I don't plan on locking you in my basement." He answered with a chuckle. "What about you? Am I gonna go to jail because you look like you could be my age when you're really 14? Are you going to abandon our date in a weird and sudden way to tell me that we won't work out?"

You laughed, shaking your head "I'm 23, but thanks for the compliment, and I won't be abandoning our date unless you give me a really good reason to." 'Like trying to stab me with your salad fork' you thought. 

A waitress came up and smiled at us, asking what drinks we'd like to start with. After ordering Mark smiled and looked across the table at you. "I'm glad you said yes, I would've felt pretty stupid if I'd read too much into our little game of cat and mouse."

"Cat and mouse? Please, I slaughtered you guys, it was more like lioness and potted plants." You laughed, taking a sip of your milkshake as it was delivered. "But I'm glad I said yes too so far."

"You say that like you expect this to suddenly go very, very wrong." Mark said with a grin.

You stiffened a bit, looking away. 'Chill out he's gonna think you're crazy.' You relaxed again, almost so quickly it seemed it hadn't happened. "I won't lie, I'm just getting back into the dating scene. But that's more of a 5th or 6th date story." You explained, waving it off.

"Oh, so there will be multiple dates after this one?" Mark teased, making you blush. He laughed and you smiled, relaxing back into your seat at his laugh. It was both calming and exciting at the same time. 

You ordered your food and made small talk, mostly just asking each other simple questions. Favorite colors, modes of transportation, and books, and the charity you each most wanted to give to.

After eating you excused yourself to the bathroom. While washing your hands you smiled at your reflection. Mark was so sweet and just kind of... Adorkable. You'd always thought that was kind of a stupid word but it just fit him perfectly. He seemed like he enjoyed simply existing and it was refreshing. Drying your hands you decided there would definitely be more dates.

Walking out you smiled at him as he saw you coming. "That was probably the best burger I've ever had." You said as you sat down.

"I'm glad you liked it. Ready to go on the next leg of our adventure?" He asked, his smile excited but relaxed, like his laugh. You smiled and nodded, and he asked the waitress for the check. 

"How much do I owe?" You asked, grabbing your wallet. 

"None." He answered, slipping a fifty into the check slot and closing it. 

You frowned and looked up at him from across the table. "Mark-"

"I asked you on a date, I'm paying, that's final." He said sternly, pushing your money into your hand gently. 

"At least let me get the tip." You tried to compromise, pouting slightly. 

His gaze shifted to your mouth and his eyes darkened for not even a second before he shook his head and smiled. "I've got it, really."

"Fine" You murmured, still pouting, "but next time I'm at least covering the tip. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you have to pay for everything on a date." You were a big girl, you tied your own sandals and everything.

"If it makes you feel better you can pay for snacks at our next stop." He told you, standing and taking your hand. You blushed lightly but didn't let go and he intertwined your fingers gently. Your blush deepened but you didn't pull away, enjoying the warmth of his hand around yours. 

"Where are we going?" You asked as you got back into his car. 

Mark smiled but didn't answer, going around and sitting in the car. You waited for an answer, your nose twitching a bit. "You'll see soon enough, Ms (L/n)." He promised, pulling out into the street.