Here to Stay

You smiled softly at Mark as he set the last of his cameras up in the corner of your room. "You're not gonna watch me change, are you?" You teased.

He blushed, shaking his head. "No, I wouldn't do that. But you do bring up a good point..."

Waving him off, your smile broadened. "Don't worry about it, I'll get dressed in the bathroom."

"Good idea," He replied, smiling. Sitting next to you, he pulled you against his chest. "Thank you for being honest with me."

You frowned, turning to look at him. "About what?"

"Everything," he shrugged. "About your ex, and what you think is happening."

"You don't have to thank me for that, Mark." You murmured, looking up at him. "And I haven't exactly been completely honest. I already have a restraining order against him."

Mark frowned, shaking his head. "That's not even a big difference. If anything, you're even safer now, which is good." He kissed your forehead, smiling softly.

Standing up, he kissed you softly. "Good night baby girl, I'll see you in the morning."

Smiling, you nodded, laying back. "Good night, Mark." You said quietly as he closed the door.

**********

An hour later, your door swung open slowly. "Y/n..."

Sitting up, you frowned, looking towards the door. "Mark?" You asked hesitantly.

"Why did you tell him, Y/n? We could've had so much fun..." He walked over slowly and your frown deepened.

"I..." You bit your lip, not sure how to answer. "Who are you?" You asked instead.

He smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I don't have a name, not yet. But I suppose that will change now. Everything will change now." You looked down, trying to think, and he lifted your head, a finger under your chin. "None of that, now. I meant what I said earlier. You're mine now. And there's nothing you, or he, can do about it." He leaned forward, catching your lips with his for the second time today.

You kissed him back, your arms going around his neck for a second before you pulled away. "No, no, I-"

"Shhh." He murmured, pulling your face back towards his gently. "I said none of that." He reminded you.

"I can't." You said, pulling away. "Mark-"

"Mark is me. And I'm Mark. We're two sides of the same coin."

You shook your head, frowning. "No, I know how DID works. You're different people, just because you have the same body doesn't mean-"

"Just because we're different people doesn't mean we don't feel the same things... Want the same things." He pulled you closer, something between a smile and a smirk on his face. "I've already told you what I want. And just because he hasn't said it yet doesn't mean he doesn't want the same thing." He brushed some hair behind your ear, tilting his head to look into your eyes. "I'm here now. I've been waiting a long time. I've been pushed aside, and then he had the gall to not invite me to meet you."

"That's not fair," you told him, "Mark had no idea you even existed until today."

"Yes, kitten, I know." He sighed, stroking your reddening cheeks. "I'm not mad at him, not really. I just want him to let me in. I've been waiting patiently. It's my turn now." He stood up and head towards the door, before turning back. "I'm tired of giving people a choice. But you... I'll give you a choice. I'll give you almost anything you ask for."

"I- I don't want anything from you." You murmured. "Just don't hurt Mark."

He chuckled quietly, shaking his head. "I won't hurt him. But I told you, I want him to let me in. I have you now and I'm not letting go. So I suggest you two work out a schedule, because I'm not being pushed aside anymore. No more. Never again." He leaned down and kissed your neck softly. "Now be a good girl and get some rest." He told you, walking out of the bedroom and closing the door.

You waited a few minutes before getting up, grabbing the camera and walking to Mark's room. You reached for the doorknob just as the door swung open, Mark standing there. "Mark-"

He nodded, looking at you. "I know. I just woke up right here on the other side of the door and I'm pretty sure I didn't go to bed there."

You held the camera out to him and he took it, walking towards his computer. You followed him and he turned the computer on, connecting the camera. A few minutes later Mark was watching everything that had just happened. When it was done, he stared at the screen for a minute before looking at you.

"You mentioned DID. Is that what's wrong with me?" He asked quietly.

You frowned, rubbing the back of your neck. "Before, it was just a theory. But now... He's pretty much confirmed it."

Mark nodded and looked at you. "What do we do?"

"I... There isn't much we can do Mark. It's not like there's a medication for it. The best thing for you to do right now is exactly what he said. However you feel about it, the two of you have to talk to each other and figure out what you're going to do, because he's here to stay."

Mark looked at the floor for a few minutes, then nodded. "I don't know how I feel about all this." He sighed.

You reached over, taking his hand gently. "It'll be okay. We'll figure this out."

Mark smiled, nodding. "I know we will, I just... I feel like I should be more freaked out?"

You both laughed and you kissed him softly. "I get the feeling you aren't being a big brave boy just for me, so don't worry about that. Just feel however you feel, not how you think you should feel."

Mark smiled softly and got up, tugging you up gently. "Come on baby girl, let's get some rest."