Dinner? With Me?

Special thanks to LadyGwen88 & Markiplier for the video above <3

You woke up the next morning and sighed quietly. You weren't ready to go to work yet, you still had so much to unpack... Getting out of bed you walked to the bathroom and took a shower. About an hour later you were out the door with a piece of toast sticking out of your mouth as you headed to work. ((I'd love to make it your choice of what you are but sadly I will be like a parent and give you a job, just because it fits the plot I have in mind. Sorry <3 ))

Fifteen minutes later you parked in the spot with your name on it already. 'Guess they were excited to meet me' you thought to yourself. You went into the building and walked to the receptionist. "Hi, I'm (f/n) (l/n)-"

"Hi (f/n), I'm Penny. Your office is down the hall, the third door to the right. The main office is right behind me, you can clock in there. I believe your first patient will be here in half an hour, her file is on your desk."

You nodded, thanking her, and went into the main office, clocking in. You turned to leave and barely avoided crashing into someone. His coffee did not survive, however. "Damn it, I'm sorry." You said quickly, turning and handing him a napkin.

"Don't worry about it," he chuckled, holding his hand out. "I'm Aaron. You must be (y/n)."

You smiled and nodded shaking his hand. 'Is everyone in this city cute? Because my god.' You couldn't even finish the thought before Mark's face flashed in your head and your smile widened a bit. "Nice to meet you," You said, coming back to reality. 

"I'll let you get settled in," Aaron said, going over to the corner of the room for more coffee. 

You went to your office and sat down, smiling. You picked up the file in front of you and flipped through it, looking at the notes you saw. Bailey would be a new patient here just as much as she would be a new patient to you, which helped a bit. From the notes, she had anxiety. You were all too familiar with that. Five minutes before her appointment, you hung your degree on the wall. "(F/n) (L/n), B.S. Degree in Psychology." 

There was a knock on the door and you smiled, inviting Bailey in.

**********

At one thirty it was lunch and you sat in your office, looking over the files you'd gotten today. So far you had three patients. Your stomach rumbled and you frowned, looking down. "Oh no you don't, you'll have to wait." You murmured to it.

A distraction would be nice... You took your phone out and decided to text the King Of The Squirrels. "King of the Squirrels! It is I, the royal assassin. How goes thee?"You pressed send and instantly regretted it. "Must you be such a dork?" You asked yourself, letting your forehead hit the desk gently. 

Your phone vibrated after a second and you looked over at it. King Of The Squirrels had replied. "I goes well, milady." A second vibration announced another message. "Lol what are you up to?"

"Not much," you typed with a smile, "at work ignoring lunch. You?" You looked back at the file, writing your own notes into a small notebook on the side.

"At work as well. Hungry, huh?" 

You smiled, thinking about Mark. What job would fit him? Not an office job, but you would love to see him in a suit... Maybe a hands-on job. 'Yeah, you'd like his hands on-' You quickly stomped on that thought as your cheeks burned despite the empty room.  "Very. But I have a client in twenty minutes so I'll just starve." 

A daydream of burgers falling from the sky was interrupted by your phone. "Don't Starve" and a picture of him laughing. What was so funny about that? You were dying of hunger and he was laughing? Rude! You started to tell him he was a meanie but his next text made you blush. "Allow me to save you, Queen (y/n). Would you like to accompany me to dinner tonight?"

Dinner? Did he want to have dinner, with you? Really? "You want to have dinner? With me?" You asked, more than a bit surprised. That was a bit forward, not that you didn't like that. 

"No, I want to take you to dinner. There's a difference." He replied. 

You'd always thought there were differences in words but what did he think the difference was here? "And what's that?" You asked, "And know this is a test."

After a second your phone rang and you blushed lightly, answering. "Mark?"

"Having dinner with you could mean anything. It could be that we're friends or more or less, we could be striking a business deal. But me taking you to dinner is me asking you out on a date." Wow. Was he always this smooth? Because damn, that belongs on Tumblr. "Have I proven myself worthy, milady?"

"You have." You answered, blushing lightly. "I'd like that very much."

"Great. I'll pick you up at seven, and don't worry about dressing up, we'll go somewhere fancy next time." 

"Next time? Are you planning more dates then?"

"I guess you'll have to wait and see, milady." He said with a hint of a smile in his voice. 

"Okay then" you laughed, "I'll send you my address." There was a knock on the door and with a glance to the clock, you frowned. "I have to go, duty calls."

There was a childish chuckle on the other end. "You said duty." He laughed, "Alright, I'll see you at seven. Have fun at work." 

"Seven." You agreed. "Bye Mark." You hung up and moved to the door, opening it. "Hi," You said, welcoming your patient. 

**********

At six fifty you sat in your bedroom putting on your mascara. You glanced down at your outfit, hoping it was alright. It was just a nice white shirt with a long satiny back, along with some skinny jeans and a pair of sneakers. Hopefully, this would do.

Exactly 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door and you went to open it, smiling. Mark stood there with a hand behind his back, smiling at you. "Hey."

You smiled back and gave him a small wave

You smiled back and gave him a small wave. "Hi." 

He pulled his arm from behind his back and offered you a rose with an acorn glued to the stem. "A gift for the Queen." He smiled. 

You took the rose with a surprised grin. "Oh! Mark, you didn't-"

"I know, I wanted to. A purdy flower for a purdy lady." He smiled. 

"You know," You said with a laugh. "Sometimes you're a goofball and sometimes you're so smooth. How do you do that?"  

He shrugged and held his hands out. "A little bit of skill, a little bit of luck I guess."

"I'll put this in something and then we can go." You said, turning towards the kitchen with the rose, leaving the door open. You put it in a little jar with some water and grabbed your phone, slipping it into your back pocket. "Ready."

He smiled from the doorway and offered his arm. "This way, milady. Your chariot awaits."

You linked your arm with his and walked out, locking the door and strolling to his car with a smile.