Sending Jack & Alex Off

Mark's arms were wrapped around you as the four of you watched a movie in the living room. Jack and Alex had already packed up, ready to be taken to the airport for their flights later tonight, and were both laying on the floor despite the two good couches on either side of them. While you kinda wished Alex could stay a bit longer, you were glad she wouldn't have to be in the middle of anything.

Mark's thumb was brushing your side, your body tucked up against his. "Is anyone else hungry?" He asked, looking down at you before over at Jack and Alex.

"I'm starving." Jack said casually, kicking his feet back and forth gently.

"Same." Alex murmured, still watching the movie. 

You nudged Mark's side, smiling. "I'll be back." You said, getting up and walking into the kitchen. After looking through the cabinets and the fridge, you walked back into the living room. "Okay, chicken cutlet and french fries, or chicken alfredo?" 

Mark got up, shaking his head. "You don't have to cook babe I was just gonna order something."

You smirked up at him and shook your head. "Mark, you haven't had a single home cooked dinner that I'm aware of. We've had pizza two days in a row. Chicken cutlet or chicken alfredo?"

Jack shrugged. "Either one is good with me."

"I guess Mark decides then." Alex said, getting up and walking into the kitchen to help.

Mark smiled down and you, shaking his head a bit. "Whichever one you want to make." He said. You glared up at him and he sighed. "Fine! Chicken cutlet then."

You nodded and pecked his lips before walking into the kitchen, getting out everything you needed. While you did that, Alex ran upstairs, bringing your laptop down to play music while you cooked. 

As you finished breading the last chicken breast, Alex smiled. "Everyone says you're very pretty and look nice." She turned the laptop towards you, scrolling down Mark's last video slowly. 

Blushing, you smiled softly. "Well I'm glad they aren't upset."

Alex turned the screen back to her and read aloud. "Don't worry Y/n, we aren't angry at you! If Marks happy, so are we." She scrolled a bit more before reading again. "You guys are super cute! More videos!" She kept looking through comments as you cooked, occasionally holding the plate out for a cooked chicken breast or flipping the fries so they cooked evenly.

When everyone was served, you called the boys in, you and Alex both carrying plates to the dining room. Mark and Jack came in and sat down, smiling. "This looks great." Mark said, kissing your cheek. 

"Thanks." You replied as they started eating. "How is everything? I wasn't sure if you like them light or dark so I just went with medium."

Jack swallowed a mouthful of food before looking at you. "Between Mark's breakfast and your dinner, my tum tum is happy." He told you, taking another bite. 

Mark nodded, smiling softly as he squeezed your hand briefly. "Thank you for dinner baby."

"You're welcome." 

**********

Later that night, you, Alex, Jack and Mark got out of the car, walking into the airport. 

"Don't forget to call me when you land." You reminded Alex for the tenth time as you helped her check in.

"Mark I'm gonna hurt your girlfriend." She told him, taking her boarding pass from you. 

"Jack, don't forget to call me when you land." Mark teased, grinning.

"Daadddd you're embarrassing me!!!" Jack said loudly, making a few people look at them. Mark laughed and Jack copied him, making you step back. 

"Oh my god you sounded just like Mark!" You laughed, looking between them. 

Alex grinned, nodding "Yeah Jack's imitation of Mark is great!" 

Mark shook his head, smiling to himself. "Yeah yeah yeah," he chuckled, "Shut up."

Jack and Alex hugged you both, saying goodbye before going to the security check line. You and Mark stood to the side, waiting for them to get through. When they were out of sight Mark turned to you, smiling. "Come on, let's go get some rest," he said, taking your hand.

You nodded and walked with him to the car, relaxing into the seat as he drove. Back at Mark's house he came around to open the door and you smiled, shaking your head. "You're gonna get tired of that eventually you know." 

He smiled and shrugged. "I doubt it." He said, walking with you inside. 

Both of you got changed into pajamas and you knocked on Mark's door before bed. 

"Come in babe." He called. You walked in and he was sitting at his computer again. "What's up?"

You walked over to him and smiled, kissing his cheek. "Nothing, I just came in to say good night." You turned to walk out again and he caught your wrist, pulling you down into his lap. You blushed lightly and he chuckled, kissing your cheek. "Mark! Let-"

"I want a proper good night. Give me two more seconds, I'm almost done." He murmured, adding his outro music to the end of a video before saving it and turning the computer off. "Okay, all done." He stood up, lifting you, and carried you to the other room, setting you in the bed. He smiled and kissed you softly before standing up. "Good night baby girl."

"Good night Mark." You called after him as he left the room, closing the door as he did. 

**********

"Y/n..." 

You frowned slightly, sitting up and looking at the door. "Mark?" You murmured, grabbing your phone to look at the time. "What are you doing? It's three in the morning." 

Mark walked in and sat on the edge of the bed, smiling widely at you. "I wanted to see you. And I wanted you to see me." 

Your frown deepened. "Are you sleep walking?" You asked him before smiling and getting out of bed. You took his hand and tugged him towards the door, but he pulled you back, wrapping his arms around your waist. "Mark, baby-"

"Shhh." He murmured, holding you tight against him. "Don't worry. I'm here with you now. You just need to let me in."

You looked up at him and tilted your head. "Mark? Are you okay?" 

"I'm here now. With you. I'm better than okay. We can get to know each other. And I'll keep you safe." He kissed your forehead and turned, setting you back on the bed. "Good night kitten." 

Your cheeks flushed as he walked out, closing the door behind him. Your cheeks were just going back to normal when you fell asleep.