Date Night Distractions

***Just as before, please proceed to the starred line if smut makes you uncomfortable!***

You stepped out of the bathroom later that night, wearing a little black dress and some black heels. Mark had insisted you guys go somewhere nice to take your mind off things, so you dressed to match.

You walked downstairs just as Mark was coming back in from the back yard, the security system installer behind him. He smiled up at you, walking to the bottom of the stairs to take your hand. "You look beautiful." He told you.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself." You said, straightening his tie a bit.

"Ready to go? He just has to turn the system on and we can go."

You nodded and Mark pulled you to him. "It's gonna be okay. We won't let him near you again." He promised.

"It's gonna be okay," you repeated, kissing him softly. You stepped back just in time, the installer saying he was done.

He showed you both how to set the alarm, how to delay it, how to turn it off, and how to set a code before leaving.

"Alright. Ready to go?" Mark asked, looking at the alarm. "What should the code be?"

"We should just choose something random. Here," you walked over to the board games by the tv and grabbed a pair of dice, bringing them to him. "You roll one, I'll roll the other. That's the first two digits of the code. We do it again for the next four."

Mark smiled and took a die, rolling it on the floor. "It was your idea, so your numbers first." He said.

You rolled a six and he rolled a two, then you both rolled again and once more until you had a full code: 621325. Mark put the code in and the system beeped once before announcing "System Armed."

"Alright baby girl, let's go." He said, taking your hand and walking out to the car with you.

*****

Mark opened the car door for you after parking, giving you a soft smile. "I already told you, babe, you look great. It's not that fancy."

You glared up at him playfully, pointing to the women walking past in an evening gown. "That looks pretty fancy to me!"

Mark chuckled and shook his head as he locked the car and led you towards the door. "She's over dressed, trust me. It's a nice place, but not that nice."

"If I'm super underdressed, you better take off your shirt or something." You told him.

Mark pulled the door open for you and smiled. "Whatever you want beautiful."

Walking into the restaurant, Mark gave his name and the hostess led the two of you to a small booth in the back. Mark looked at the menu and smiled as you slid into the booth across from him. "You should let me order for you." He said, looking through the menu.

"You think you know me that well, huh?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I know I do," he replied with a grin.

You laughed and nodded, waving your hand at the menu. "Alright, let's hear it."

Mark took a minute, looking through the various foods before he closed the menu and put it down just as the waiter came to the table.

"Good evening, what can I get you tonight?"

Mark smiled and ordered "I'd like the goat cheese for my appetizer, and the king of steak for my entre. For her appetizer, the rock shrimp tempura. For her entre, the ribeye steak with a side of mashed potatoes and corn on the cob, and we'll share a table rice. For dessert... We'll decide that one later."