A Bit Ahead of Ourselves

Mark knocked on the door quietly. "Babe, dinner's here." He called.

"Be right down." You told him, pulling your shirt down over your head, trying not to let your hair wet it. You head down and smiled softly while Mark set the food on the table.

"Should I grab cups?" You asked, heading into the kitchen.

"Yeah, and some ginger ale please." He said, rubbing Chica's head gently as he sat down.

Walking back into the dining room, you set the cups and bottle down before sitting.

Mark turned to look at you, frowning slightly. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked quietly, for the hundredth time.

"Yes, Mark, I'm fine. Really." You promised, giving him a smile.

He took your hand gently, clearing his throat. "I know I asked you to stay with me for a few days, while the police took care of Mi-"

"Don't say his name." You told him quickly, anxiety bubbling in your chest.

Mark's frown deepened but he nodded, rubbing his thumb over your hand. "While they took care of that. But now that they have..." He looked at the floor before looking up at you again. "This is probably way too soon, and you're most likely going to go running out of here as soon as I say it, but I always tell my fans to go out there and do what they want to do, do what they feel is right and to go after their dreams and what they feel they deserve and-"

You squeezed his hand and he stopped, clearing his throat again as he gathered his thoughts. "Mark relax, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong, that's the thing." He told you.

You frowned, shaking your head. "I don't understand."

"I want you to move in with me." He said, looking at you.

"You... What?"

"I want you to move in with me." He repeated, rubbing your hand between his. "I want to live together. And I know it's really fast, we've only been dating for a week, and we've only known each other a day more than that, but I just... I've had you here with me every day, and I don't want to go back to before. I'm not with you just for fun, I'm with you because I honestly like you as a person and I'm attracted to you, and I can see a future with you. Plus, I feel like with everything that's happened the last few days, with Dark, and... Him... I feel like we're really close now."

You stared at Mark, your mouth hanging open slightly. "I- I hadn't given that any thought. I mean- I've given a future with you thought but not much, I didn't want to rush things. I have a bad habit of fantasy thought." You covered your mouth, blushing. "That sounded dirty, I just meant that I day dream about things a lot, especially things I'd like. And I won't lie, I've thought about living with you, but I didn't really think it would happen so soon..."

Mark nodded, his head lowering, and you shook your head quickly "I'm not saying no, I'm just surprised, I didn't think we'd be doing this so soon. I'd love to move in with you, Mark." You told him, smiling. He grinned and leaned over, caressing your face in his hands as he kissed you.

"I'm glad." He murmured against your lips, smiling softly as he looked into your eyes. "I love you, Y/n."

Your cheeks darkened again and you smiled wider, your face hurting a bit. "I love you too, Mark." You said quietly before kissing him again.

He pulled back and waved to the food, opening a take out carton of lo mein. "We should eat before the food gets cold."

You nodded, then bit your lip as you opened a carton of chicken fried rice. "So, uh... Dark wanted me to talk to you about something."

Mark slurped a noodle into his mouth and licked his lips, nodding. "Yeah I know, the poly thing, right? What do you think?"

You frowned, taking a bite of food before answering. "I'm not really sure." You said, looking up at him. "It's ultimately up to you I guess."

Mark shook his head, pointing his fork at you. "It's up to you, you're the one who would be with the both of us."

Your frown deepened. "Well I don't know. It would be... Complicated, to say the least. We just decided to move in together, but me and Dark know so little about each other. And what about big things, important things? Would we have two different anniversaries? What about our first time together? How would that work? If we got married, who signs the marriage license? I can't marry both of you, I'm pretty sure that's illegal." You blushed, looking at him. "I may be getting a bit ahead of myself."

Mark smiled, shaking his head. "I just asked you to move in with me after a week of being together. There's nothing you could say that would be more 'getting ahead of ourselves' than that."

You laughed quietly and nodded. "My point is, I love you, and you and Dark are a package deal. So yes, I'll try the poly whatever. But we'll need to put thought into certain things, and since we know that now, we can't let it frustrate us later."
Mark nodded, smiling at you. "I totally agree, we can plan things out and take the rest as it comes. We'll cross those bridges when we get to them."