Chapter Fourteen: I Do

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

RYDER’S POV:

I have no clue where Rumor went…and to be honest, I really don’t give a shit. I’m with Aria…alone. Right now, that’s all I care about. We were at a bar a little ways away from the other kids and other people, just talking about our lives after she had left and what all had happened. Of course I left out a few details about the other guys.

“So you’re a big football star now?” she asked me, amusement flittering in her blue eyes. I smirked and stated, “Yup” popping the ‘p’. She took a drink of her margarita. I did the same. Soon we were just ordering random alcoholic beverages from the menu, and getting completely drunk. She had said, “How about we test all these drinks?” When I didn’t reply, she had smirked at me and leaned in asking, “Or can you’re body not take it?” Being me, I had winked at her and replied, “My body can take a lot of things. Alcohol is barely anything to it.” That’s how we had started, and then that’s how we ended becoming crazy ass drunks. She pulled me closer and whispered in my ear, “Wanna do something fun?”

“Sure…” I answered, slurring a bit, “What do you have in mind?”

“Lets get married.” Now you’re probably like HOLY FUCK! Trust me, I probably would’ve been thinking the same think if I had been sober. But I wasn’t. So being the drunken me I replied, “Lets do it.” And that’s how we ended up in a chapel far away from the hotel. “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God and before His church to witness the union of this man and this woman in holy matrimony. This is an honorable estate instituted and blessed by God in Paradise, before humanity’s fall into sin.” I stared at Aria as she drunkenly listened to the pastor, giggling. A slow smile formed on my face. I love her laugh. Wait…love? A chuckle escaped my lips, and I was too drunk to think clearly. Everything was fuzzy and I knew I was going to have a big headache tomorrow and a shit load of consequences but what the hell? I don’t care. I’m too drunk to care!

“-For these reasons God has established the holy estate that Ryder and Aria wish to enter. They desire our prayers as they begin their marriage in the Lord’s name and with His blessing,” the man continued. My blurry vision took in our surrounding, we had gotten some random hobo outside to be our witness. Another chuckle came out as I saw the dude. What the fuck am I thinking? I think my brain has completely shut down because of all the alcohol. I can’t think straight, I really can’t. If I did, I probably wouldn’t be here. And neither would Aria, that’s for sure.

“Ryder, will you have this woman to be your wedded wife, to live together in the holy estate of matrimony as God ordained it? Will you nourish and cherish her as Christ loved His body, the Church, and Himself up for her? Will you love, honor, and keep her in sickness and in health and, forsaking all others, remain united to her alone, so long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” I answered, and in that moment, those two words were true. I would honestly do that for Aria. She’s amazing, beautiful, and able to stand up for herself. She’s just so strong-willed, it’s hard not to love her. There goes that word again…I really need some sleep.

“Aria, will you have this man to be your wedded husband, to live together in the holy estate of matrimony as God ordained it? Will you submit to him as the Church submits to Christ? Will you love, honor, and keep him in sickness and in health and, forsaking all others, remain united to him alone, so long as you both shall live?”

I suddenly got nervous my gaze flitted over to hers. She was staring at me, and my breath hitched up a notch. It was like she was staring into my soul. With her being drunk I bet everything was as blurry as my vision. I bet I still look hot though…

“I do,” she smiled at me. I easily smiled back.

“I, Ryder, take you, Aria, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God’s holy will; and I pledge to you my faithfulness,” I stated, with the help of the pastor.

She then said, “I, Aria , take you, Ryder , to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God’s holy will; and I pledge to you my faithfulness.”

“Now that Aria and Ryder have committed themselves to each other in holy matrimony, have given themselves to each other by their solemn pledges, and have declared, the same before God and these witness, I pronounce them to be husband and wife, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. You may kiss the bride.”

“About time,” I smirked, leaning forward and kissing her. Her arms wrapped around my neck and tugged me closer. I willingly went forward, placing my hands on her waist and pulled her into me. Our simple kiss turned into a full out make out session, and I enjoyed every single moment of it.

_____________________________

Author's Note: Vote/Comment/Share!! (: ^Unedited^