Chapter Twenty-One: Did Somebody Request A Dog?

Chapter Twenty-One

Ryder's POV:

I woke up to many cuss words and loud bangs. All sounds wrong, huh? Well, you have a pervy mind. I shrugged off the comforter and hopped out of my bed, rubbing my eyes. I yawned and went over to the window and looked outside to see the kids playing football, Ray and Jay arguing with Jayden, Aria and Ashley tanning-Woah now. That's enough to wake every man up.

I quickly tossed on a pair of faded jeans, and a navy T-Shirt. I slipped on a pair of shoes and walked out of my room. As I descended the stairs, I began to smell food. Nobody cooks around here..I made it to the kitchen and pushed open the door to see my mom in there cooking breakfast.

"Mom?" I asked, shocked. I hope she doesn't know about the marriage..

"Ryder, darling, come on in," she grinned, beckoning me forward. I made my way over to her and sat down on one of the stools.

"When did you get back?" I asked, taking the cup of coffee that she handed to me.

"Just last night, you were already in bed. That's what Aria had told me."

"What else did she say?" I asked, taking a sip of the drink in my hand.

"Nothing much, just informed me about England and her career. After that we went to sleep," she told me, cracking an egg into a bowl.

"That was a close on..." I mumbled to myself.

"What was that, dear?" she asked, looking up at me.

"Nothing, Mom," I grinned. She went back to cooking, while I slipped out of the kitchen and headed outside.

"Ryder!" Grasshopper called, running up to me. I laughed when I noticed he was wearing overalls.

"Bro, it's California, why are you wearing-"

"Because he wants to," Kameryn smirked. I looked over at him and raised an eyebrow.

"What's the real reason?"

"Mom brought him home an outfit and insisted on him wearing it," Hunter chuckled, lighting a cigarette.

"Don't let Mom catch you with those," Tyson warned.

"Golly, when did you become my father?" Hunter asked. Kameryn chuckled while Tyler scrunched up his nose, "Gross! That means he had to sleep with Mom!" He looked at Tyson before scooting away, "I ain't your twin no more!"

Tyson shot him a glare while I laughed. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Aria push up her sunglasses and look at me. A smirk made it's way upon my face.

"If you'll excuse me," I told the guys.

"You're excused," Kameryn grinned, saluting me goodbye. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior, chuckling, and made my way over to my wife.

"Well hey there, Mrs. Woods," I teased, taking a seat on the grass beside her lawn chair. She hit me upside the head.

"Still aggressive, I see," I muttered, rubbing the back of my head.

"Still a dick, I see," she threw back.

"So you're just now noticing it? I thought you would've knew that when we had-"

"I'm gonna hit you again," she warned.

"I'm gonna keep teasing you," I smirked.

"You're annoying."

"Not as annoying as you, Princess," I gave her a lopsided grin. I saw her blush before she put her sunglasses back down and looked away. I was about to go on with my teasing when I saw Jenson make his way out of the house. I groaned internally.

Jenson looked over at me and Aria, shrugging, before going over to Kameryn. I raised an eyebrow at that. I thought he liked Aria? Loved her even...Yet he's acting as if he doesn't care anymore...Did he give up?

"Ryder," Aria snapped her fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my thoughts. I glanced over at her, waiting for her to spit out what she was going to say.

"You claim to be my husband, yet you never once took me out on a date," she smirked.

"Who said I had to take you out on a date," I raised my brow once again.

"Obviously I just did. Plus you're not the same Ryder I left. I need to get to know the new you." The new you...There is no new me.

"Did somebody request a dog," a voice called out. I broke eye contact with Aria to look over at the newcomer. Benji Brown. I new he'd stop by sooner or later. In the past we had become good friends, even though he hated me in the beginning. Funny how things turn out. Benji, of course, had to bring the little demon with him. The dog barked and Trey dropped the football running out into the open.

"RADAR!" he screamed. Radar--Or better known as "Demon Dog"--ran toward the boy, leaping up and tackling him to the ground.

"Hey boy," Trey chuckled, as the dog licked his face. Gross...

"Benji!' Aria exclaimed, hopping up from her seat and hugged him. His arms snaked around her waist and hugged her back, "Hey Aria. I was wondering when you were going to tell me you were back."

"Sorry," she grinned. I got up, wiping the dirt off my jeans, and bounded over toward them. For some reason, I wanted to get closer to Aria, and Benji farther away. Jealously perhaps? Nah, I don't get jealous..

"Ben, sup," I greeted, doing our little man-hug.

"Hey there, Ry," Benji smirked, before glancing at Aria, "Tomorrow at the coffee shop near the old Oak Tree?"

"Wai-"

"Great so i'll pick you up at two," he chuckled, spinning on his heel and walking off back to his car. So he's practically going to take Aria on a date, when I haven't? Aria was about to head off so I quickly grabbed her arm and tugged her back. She gave me a confused look and I sighed. It's now or never.

"About that date..."

___________________

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed this chap! Comment and Vote, ect. Thank youu!! (: ^Unedited^