Chapter Twenty-Seven: Because You Came Back

RYDER'S POV:

Aria pulled back after a few moment, much to my disappointment, and gave me an odd look.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"I forgot about your girlfriend. She must be pissed. That is...if you told her."

I chuckled, replaying the pleasant conversation I had with Rumor in my head.

"Of course I told her. It'd be hard to hide a wife your girlfriend."

Aria rolled her eyes, "Well, we better get a divorce soon."

"Now hey, I didn't break up with Rumor to just get a divorce in return," I said, sticking my hands up in the air.

"Wait, what?" she asked, clearly confused.

"I broke up with Rumor," I said slowly, as if I was speaking to a like kid.

"Why?" she asked, staring at me with some unknown emotion.

Because you came back..

"She was a waste of my time," I answered instead. Aria took a deep breath and nodded, "Fair enough."

I smirked and pulled her toward me just as someone knocked on my door. I groaned inwardly and let go of Aria.

"What?" I called.

"Yo, is mom home?" Hunter asked from the other side.

I opened the door, slightly glaring at the boy.

"If you haven't noticed, Sherlock, no one is home," I pointed out.

"Actually, a lot of us are home. Where have you been?" he crossed his arms before seeing Aria behind me. Realization dawned on him and he wickidly grinned.

"I see," he drawled out.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. He barked out a laugh, "Alright, alright. I'm going, I need a cigarette anyway." He left then, walking gracefully down the hallway-and by gracefully, I mean tripping over a toy that probably belonged to Fox and almost falling as Jay and Ray run past him.

It was then that I became aware of all the ruckus downstairs. I was about to shut the door when I heard a door slam and someone call angrily, "Aria Fay Wolff!"

I glanced behind me at Aria, whose eyes grew larger. I beamed, "Look at little Aria getting into trouble."

She pushed past me and ran down the hall toward the elevator. I followed her, not wanting to miss any action.

We climbed into the elevator. I pulled her to me, grinning mischievously. 

She rolled her eyes and laughed. I kissed the side of her mouth just as the elevator doors slid open.

We walked out and Kameryn stormed up to her. Jenson, Tyler, Callis, and Grasshopper falling into step behind him.

"You left us," he calmly stated, earning surprised glances from the other boys.

"I was pissed off and it was creepy! Excuse me," Aria exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest. That little action made my eyes follow before shaking my head and looked at the ground.

"Why were you-"

"Callis," Jenson put in. I looked up at him but he just looked at Kameryn. Maybe he did give up.

"What'd you do this time?" Tyler asked, raising a brow at Callis. Callis grinned sheepishly and looked at his feet. Tyler laughed. 

"I just wanna sleep. I'm suppose to see Benji tomorrow," Aria simply stated, walking away. I completely forgot about that. Jenson walked the other way with Kameryn. Probably to the kitchen for some food. I hurriedly caught up with Aria.

"Maybe I should accompany you on this...get together..thing," I scratched the back of my neck. Aria turned around to look at me.

"Why's that?" she asked, her lips curving up into a small smile.

"He's my friend too. I haven't seen him in awhile. We all could catch up," I answered easily. A part of me knew that wasn't the real reason. I honestly don't know the real reason.

She shrugged, "Alright then."

"Come on. You said you wanted sleep," I grabbed her hand, pulling her into my room.

"I'm suppose to share with Jens-"

"We're married now...and you said you'd give us a try. You're sleeping in here with me." I pulled off my shirt, hopping into my bed. 

"I actually want to sleep," she warned, as she slid in next to me.

I chuckled, wrapping my arm around her waist and pulled her back against my chest, "I know, princess, I know. Me too."

________________

Author's Note: Vote/Comment/Share! (:

~Unedited~