Chapter Thirty-Two: You Think I'm Joking

Ryder's POV:

"Where are you going?" I asked as the familiar blonde strutted out of my room.

"Moving to Fox's room," she quickly said, I had to strain my ears to hear her.

"Why are you going to sleep with a little kid?" I asked, raising a brow at her retreating form.

"He's going to be bunking with Ashley and Barrett," she explained, as she headed for the elevator.

"Wait, why are you-"

She disappeared into the elevator and I sighed. What the hell is wrong with her? I don't know what I did, but Aria's been pretty distant lately. I came home after playing football with my brothers to see her packing up and leaving our room.

I rolled my eyes and went inside my room. I'll just give her some space, she's probably just PMSing or something.

I abandoned my black T-Shirt and pulled on a white beater, dropping onto my bed. I looked around for my remote then found the darn thing on Aria's side of the bed. 

"Figures," I laughed slightly, and grabbed it. I turned on the television and turned it to some football game.

About fifteen minutes into the game my phone starts ringing and I pick it up. My eyes widened in surprise at the name that appeared. I hesitated before answering it, putting my iPhone next to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ryder, it's been awhile..."

***

Jenson's POV:

I stared at the dark brown haired boy in front of me as if he had two heads. My jaw was pretty much touching the floor. I quickly closed it and forced out a laugh.

"Nice one, Kammy," I shoved his shoulder lightly.

"You think I'm joking?" Kameryn choked out. He shook his head and stood up, turning off the TV.

"I really wish I was joking, Jenson," Kameryn's shoulders sagged with defeat. He turned and stared at me with lifeless blue eyes.

"Why do you think I wanted you to come home? Sure, to help this family. But I needed support. No one here knows and they treated me like crap for the past months." How could I be so stupid...I mentally groaned.

"What kind of cancer, Kameryn?" I asked, scared for the answer.

"Lung cancer," he replied, "It all made sense when I found out...All those strokes I've had."

"But you're so healthy..."

One of Kameryn's shoulders lifted up before sagging once again, "People say things happen for a reason."

"Bullshit," I yelled, standing up, "Why didn't you tell me? Or someone else?"

"Because I didn't want to hear this," Kameryn yelled back, "I don't want people staring at me and being cautious around me. I'm a human being for fucks sake! I'm not...I'm not..Trey. I wasn't blind, I don't need assistance, I don't need people looking at me with pity."

I slumped back onto the couch and put my head in my hands. My brother...My best friend has cancer.

"What's the possibility of dying, Kameryn," I asked quietly.

Silence.

"Kameryn Woods answer me," I barked.

"It's...."

____________

Author's Note: Cliffhangers everywhere 0.0 I'm so evil... But Kameryn's literally my favorite character so we'll see where all this takes us. Lots of drama is about to come up in the next few chapters and we are getting to the part that everyone has been waiting to read. Who do you think called Ryder? What do you think's going to happen there? Do you think the possibility of Kameryn dying is high according to all he's been saying? Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote/comment/share.

Update: Next Friday or sooner! (If anything just count on Friday as my deadline for an update)

~amazinglaugh1