Chapter Thirty-Nine: Don't Interrupt

Ryder's POV:

"I want to spend my life with....Wow, this is harder to say face to face. Ryder, a part of me will always love you. You're that bad boy that every girl wishes to snag. Some days you were a whole new person  that I wanted to keep as my own and others you were that inconsiderate jackass I wanted to strangle. No matter what I will always be your princess. But my heart was stolen from me a long time ago by a man I didn't realize I loved," she took a deep breath and looked at her feet for a second.

My heart seemed to stop in my chest, but I knew better. It was still beating actually and people around us were still doing their own thing. Time hasn't stopped because Aria just rejected me. Time was still going. The same way I will keep going. Aria was the best thing that has happened to this family, whether they want to admit it or not. 

We were a wreck. Our parents were never around to raise us, we had to raise each other. My cousins' parents died and they were left to deal with their sorrows themselves. Yet they--we--had something we didn't realize till Aria came. We had each other. We may act like the worst family in history but we always had each other's backs even when we feel like stabbing them there instead.

Aria changed us all for the better, and I don't regret meeting her that day. Even though it sent me to this day, where it seemed like my heart was breaking inch by inch. I had to go through this. Every heart breaker has to go through this. 

I'll never stop loving Aria for she was my first love, but I do know I can move on. Not move on as in have more flings and continue to be the player I am. I have changed since then, I have matured. I'm twenty years old with no freaking job. Why would Aria want a rich guy who is pampered every second of his life? Jenson works for his money. I believe they were made for each other since the beginning. I was okay with that.

"Jenson, you were kind to me when others weren't. You and Kameryn befriended me along with Barrett, but Barrett and I...Well, you understand. You made me laugh when I was upset, you caught me when I have fallen. I'm sorry it took me this long to figure out why I don't feel something with Ryder. That's why I kissed you, Ryder. To see if there was something. Unfortunately, there hasn't. It kills me to say this because I love you both dearly. It's just Jenson has always been a friend even when I have been the biggest bitch to him. I don't deserve him yet here he is," Aria wiped a few stray tears from here eyes and let out a breathy laugh, "I'm sorry. It's just hard to-"

"I understand, Aria," I chuckled, pulling her to me for a tight hug, "Kameryn's been shipping you two for years. I should've known this was going to happen." I looked at Jenson who staring at the tiles of the hospital floors, a thoughtful look on his face. I chuckled again. The goof probably couldn't believe this was happening.

I let go of Aria and tilted my head at Jenson. She smiled thankfully and turned to my cousin. I let out a deep sigh before walking off back toward the cafeteria.

I was going to be okay.

***

Jenson's POV:

"Why?" I finally spoke up after Aria had stared at me for a good two minutes.

"I once saw a movie-"

"Haven't we all?" I smirked, looking up at her blue eyes.

"Don't interrupt," she scolded, "The girl was invisible and then she found out she was Princess of some country. Many people--guys--liked her because of that, but there was one guy who was there when she was just an ordinary girl. She danced with him in the ending and he asked her 'why me' kind of like you had...The answer for you is the same as what she gave him. 'You saw me when I was invisible.'"