Chapter 8

Claire's Point of View (CremePuffs101)

Claire and Kat walked side by side through the city. They hadn't seen any sign of the girl they were looking for.

"This is the end of the city," Kat pointed out.

She was right. There was one more building in front of them, and then the plains. A couple hundred blocks away, Claire could make out some sort of large fence.

"Well. Do you think she's in that building?" Claire asked.

"It's possible," Kat replied. "Maybe--"

They suddenly heard a lot of crashing and clanging coming from behind the building.

Claire and Kat walked closer for a better look.

Suddenly, a girl came running straight for them.

A girl with pink hair.

"Hey, you! Can we talk to you?!" Claire shouted.

The girl kept sprinting towards them at full speed. Suddenly, she got out a spear. Its iron tip glinted in the sunlight.

Kat got out her bow and nocked an arrow. She aimed at the girl.

"If you don't stop, I will shoot!" Kat yelled.

The girl didn't stop. She was about fifteen blocks away, and getting closer.

Claire put her iron dagger in hand. Kat hesitated. But then, she shot her arrow.

The girl swiped with her spear, hitting the arrow out of the air.

She then closed in on Claire, and swung at her with her spear.

Claire brought up her iron dagger and blocked it. The girl raised her spear and tried striking her again, and Claire dodged it.

Since Claire was just using a small dagger, and the girl was using a long spear, she wasn't close enough to Claire for Claire to hit her. Claire was forced to dodge or block every swing.

Suddenly, a splash potion landed on the girl. Somehow, none of it got on Claire.

The girl fell backwards. Claire assumed it had been a potion of harming.

Claire pointed her iron dagger at the girl on the ground. "Stay down."

The girl's eyes darted back and forth, but she stayed where she was.

Claire looked over to where the potion had come from.

It was Shaina and Cyril.

"You okay?" Cyril asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Claire replied. She looked at Kat. "Why didn't you shoot her?"

"I didn't want to risk hitting you," Kat answered sheepishly.

"Well, the good news is, we have--" Shine started, looking down at the ground where the girl was.

She wasn't there anymore.

"Where'd she go?!" Claire exclaimed.

They looked around. She wasn't anywhere in sight.

How could she have just disappeared? Claire wondered. She had looked away for a few seconds, and then the girl was gone.

"She must've used an invisibility potion," Kat pointed out.

"Well, we lost her," Cyril replied. "Steve is not gonna be happy with us when we tell him."