Chapter 53

Note: this chapter has been edited since its original release to remove some unwarranted adult content. The general story remains the same.

~~~~~~~~~~

Steve's Point of View

The sun was setting by the time Steve, Tre, Secret, Pixel, Claire, and Crystal entered the city of Sector 30. It was a polluted city. Almost everything was gray and dull. Tall buildings lined the streets, and there was no nature in sight.

Steve had only been to Sector 30 once after he lost his memories, and that was when he had been kidnapped by the bounty hunters. Now, he would be going back down to Jeb's base.

"Anyone know where Jeb's headquarters is?" Steve asked. "I was only here once, a year ago. And I was a little busy being captured to notice where it was."

Everyone shook their heads.

"Guess we'll just walk around till we find it," Steve said. "I know it's underground somewhere, and that there's a hidden entrance."

Steve and Team C walked around the city for awhile. There weren't many civilians outside. It was sorta creepy. But there were a lot of policemen and women, who eyed them suspiciously, but never spoke to them. Steve wondered if there were always this many police officers.

Secret was leading the group down a street. They turned the corner, and bumped into a policeman with a bushy mustache and shiny sunglasses traveling the other direction.

"Where are you folks headed?" he asked, adjusting his blue police cap.

"We're going to Je-"

"Jerry's wood shop," Steve interrupted Tre, pointing to a building across the street.

The policeman narrowed his eyes at them. But then, he shrugged, and muttered: "Crazy people around here."

As the six walked past the policeman, he spoke again. "Be careful! The mayor was recently murdered and we don't know who did it."

Steve froze. The mayor had been murdered? Why hadn't Jean told them that?

"Yes, sir," Pixel spoke up. Someone put a hand on Steve's shoulder, and they continued walking.

When the policeman was out of sight, the six of them stopped.

"Why can't we tell the police about Jeb?" Tre asked.

"Well, the bounty hunters are technically illegal, and if we said we were going there, he could arrest us," Steve replied.

"Don't we want the bounty hunters arrested?" Crystal asked. "They've attacked us several times."

"No. We need them on our side," Steve answered. "If we can get Jeb to help us stop Herobrine, maybe the rest of the bounty hunters will, too."

"Hopefully the police haven't found the bounty hunters already," Secret said.

"It was probably one of them who killed the mayor," Claire added. "It makes the most sense."

"You're right," Steve replied. "We gotta be careful around this city."

***