Chapter 42

Before we start today's chapter, here's a little fanart made by CrizzyZone_19 for last chapter.

If you can't read it, it says "You're not done yet. You are the fate of Minecraftia." (Todd said that last chapter)

Anyway, now for the chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve's Point of View

Steve fell to the ground, panting. His vision was blurry and voices were all around him. He couldn't comprehend anything. He wanted to disappear.

Whatever was gripping his leg was still there. He turned his body, almost throwing up from the nausea, and saw some sort of Ender hand thingie latched onto his leg.

It retracted as soon as he looked at it, and Steve looked at who was holding the other end.

Kat held it. She didn't seem changed after whatever had just happened. But a quick glance around the room told Steve that everyone else was.

Zaryn was still unconscious, near the entrance of the room. Drew was near him, looking nauseous as he held his head.

Diamond had a haunted look on his face, standing alone, and Hayden was clutching his double bladed staff tightly. Mimi was sitting with her arms around her knees, rocking back and forth and murmuring something.

Kirai was still unconscious as well, and Jay was holding her in his lap, stroking her hair. He stared at the wall, a distant expression on his face.

And Steve lay on the ground, shivering. He now realized what must have happened.

Everyone had seen a hallucination of someone they knew in the past. That's why they were all talking to people Steve hadn't seen earlier, and none of them seemed to see 'Ruby'.

All the hallucinations must have told their person something traumatic, because everyone--minus Kat--seemed haunted. Jay had accused Steve of "helping him kill them". Whoever Jay saw had tried to turn him against Steve, just like Ruby tried to turn him against Jay.

Steve wasn't sure how many went to the Aether, but he felt like he was the only one. It seemed like something special just for him.

In summary, Herobrine had planned this all out. But why? Was it just to mess with their heads?

Also, why didn't Kat seem changed? Did she not see a hallucination? Or was she simply stronger mentally than everyone else? Or, was there something more about her that Steve didn't know?