Chapter 83

Pete's Point of View (akshat12345)

Beaten. Battered. Bruised.

This was the Resistance as they trudged back to Creektown in the dark.

Beaten, battered, and bruised.

But not broken.

Even with the loss of Techno, Matster, and their previously killed friends, the Resistance was still together. And Minecraftia was still there, so Steve and the others must have succeeded in stopping Herobrine.

The remaining Resistance members were currently in Sector 30, walking through the city to get back to Creektown. There were no monsters around for some reason. There were also no citizens in sight, but that was normal for this city. Nobody in the Resistance was really sure what happened to all the citizens.

In fact, the Resistance members didn't know anything that had recently happened. All they knew was that Steve, Jay, and Kirai had randomly disappeared. Then, Jean learned that giants were attacking the cities, and they raced off to stop them. Thousands of things could have occurred since then. Herobrine could still be alive, for all they knew.

Beaten, battered, bruised, and clueless.

The mutant Creeper's explosion had killed all the mutants, plus Bomby. A new Creeper egg had appeared, but Mimi promptly destroyed it with her diamond axe. Nobody questioned her.

The Ender hand also appeared in the remnants of the explosion, previously used by Kat. Secret volunteered to hold onto it, but said he wouldn't use it. He was going to give it to Jean and Mojang for research.

Pete disliked Jean and Mojang for various reasons, but that all seemed childish and frivolous now. Herobrine almost killed everyone, and Pete wanted to destroy the government because his parents were killed by the Ender Dragon last year? There was no point.

So, Pete decided to drop it all. Instead, he focused on each of the Resistance members as they walked.

Crystal was carrying Claire in her arms, almost cradling her like a baby. Claire had been injured by a pack of baby Creepers' explosion. Crystal was being very careful about where she stepped.

K.G was carrying Tre in his arms. Tre had been thrown high into the sky by the mutant Zombie, much like what happened to K.G before the maze. Pete wasn't sure how K.G was holding the buff teenager so easily, as he was only fourteen years old and Tre was seventeen. But, K.G showed no weakness as he walked.

Audrey had been carrying NinjaX earlier, but she had handed him off to Grand because her arms were tired. X had taken an arrow to the spine while trying to save Secret. It worked, but it also probably paralyzed him. Grand was carrying him carefully. Audrey had been delirious earlier because of reasons unknown, but she seemed better now. She anxiously checked on X every now and then.

The last Resistance member that was carrying someone was Pixel, who held Secret in his arms. Pixel was unaffected by the dark, since he was already blind, and walked with ease. Secret was still keeping a lookout from his arms. The two of them were at the front of the group.

Drew and Diamond walked beside each other silently in the back of the group. Pete wasn't sure what happened between the two of them, but he didn't want to ask. Both of them looked worn out, but seemed to enjoy each other's presence.

Chick and Grand were nearby, whom Pete had had the pleasure of being murdered by Herobrine with awhile back. Good times. Grand, of course, was carrying X, and he didn't have his trademark smirk plastered on his face. The usually sarcastic boy was now stone-faced as he walked. Chick was of a similar solemn state.