Chapter 45

Diamond's Point of View (natsuDiamond)

"Alone."

Diamond sighed. Herobrine was forcing them to find their way out of the maze by themselves.

At least they would be able to leave the labyrinth.

He got out his enchanted diamond sword called Undead's Fear, just in case something decided to pop out of the shadows and kill him.

Diamond started to walk down his hallway. Redstone torches lit the walls every once in awhile.

Eventually, he came to a fork in the tunnel.

The two tunnels didn't look any different, so Diamond didn't spend any time thinking about it. He went left.

As he was walking down the tunnel, he heard a familiar noise.

It sounded like the grunts of several Zombie Pigmen.

Diamond was pretty sure he wasn't in the Nether, but that didn't matter.

When he was a kid, a horde of Zombie Pigmen had attacked his village. Diamond was the only survivor. He didn't know why they attacked--or how they got to the Overworld, for that matter--but he didn't care. All he knew was that he swore to get revenge on Zombie Pigmen from that day on.

Since then, Diamond had killed hundreds of Pigmen. But he still wasn't satisfied. He wanted to kill them all.

During the hallucination test, Diamond had seen his village slaughtered by Zombie Pigmen again. He thought he was over it, but that just brought back his hatred for Pigmen.

Diamond sprinted down the tunnel, towards the Zombie Pigmen grunts.

He found the room they were in. There were at least fifteen Zombie Pigmen. If he hit one, the rest would attack him as well.

Diamond took a deep breath. He knew he had a high chance of dying. It wasn't a very large room. There were a lot of Pigmen, and only one of him.

He raised Undead's Fear.

As he was about to swing at the nearest Pigman, a hand grabbed his sword arm from behind.

Diamond twisted around, trying to punch whoever it was. That someone held up a hand and blocked it.

They then let go of Diamond, and stepped out of the darkness.

It was Hayden.

"You can't fight all of them," Hayden said. "Come on. Let's go back to the other tunnel."

Diamond shook his head. "Zombie Pigmen destroyed my village. I need to destroy them."

Hayden stared at Diamond. "This is not about you. We need to get out of this maze so we can get back to the Resistance so we can stop Herobrine. And you're here, whining about Pigmen who killed your family?"

"I--"

"My family died too. Same with most of the people in the Resistance. You are not an exception," Hayden seethed.

Diamond didn't know how to respond. Hayden usually kept to himself, never insulting anyone. Yet here he was, putting Diamond down.

"Come on. We're going down the right tunnel," Hayden said. He turned around and walked back the way he came.

Diamond hesitated. He glanced back at the Zombie Pigmen, which were ambling around casually. He clenched Undead's Fear.

Then, Diamond followed Hayden.