Chapter 15

Nomis's Point of View

Nomis had been walking for two days now. She was in Sector 20, the one right below Sector 13, which is where she needed to go.

Sector 20 was a desert. Steve had told Nomis that this was where the strike team had been attacked by bounty hunters, and then saved by Herobrine, back during the Battle of Mojang.

Nomis wondered why Herobrine had saved them back then, and now was trying to kill them. Well, technically he wasn't trying to kill them yet. But his servants were.

Nomis felt the cuts on her cheeks--from when the guy with the daggers had struck her--tenderly. The blood had dried up, but the marks were still there.

Nomis walked and walked, up the sand dunes, and down the sand dunes. As she crossed one dune, she noticed something to her right.

A sand village.

Maybe the people who lived there knew something about Herobrine. Nomis could use any information they could get. She decided to head to the village.

She realized if she went over there, she would be in Sector 21. But, Nomis went anyway, considering it was only a couple hundred blocks' walk.

Nomis arrived in the village. Villagers were milling about. When Nomis was within eyesight, they all stopped. One of them called out. "Hey Bill? Someone's here!"

Bill...where have I heard that before? Nomis thought.

A librarian Villager walked into sight. He squinted at Nomis. "Who are you?" he asked. He had a funny voice.

"I'm Nomis. Who are you?" Nomis asked.

"The name's Bill. Spleef world champion!" Bill replied.

"That doesn't exist," Nomis said.

"It does if you believe in yourself!" Bill shouted.

Nomis rolled her eyes. "Do any of you know anything about Herobrine?"

The Villagers looked around at each other. They got in a huddle and started whispering to each other.

Nomis raised an eyebrow. Everything these Villagers were doing was a little too comical. They all seemed familiar, though, like someone had told her about them.

The huddle broke. Bill cleared his throat. "We do know a bit about Herobrine. We'd be happy to tell it to you. If you can beat us...in a game of Spleef!"

Nomis suddenly realized why this all seemed familiar to her. Steve had told her the story of how the Resistance strike team had come here after destroying the power plant to borrow their trucks. Bill and the Villagers who lived here said they would have to beat them in a game of Spleef for them. The Resistance had lost, but they still tricked the Villagers into letting them have the trucks. Scullscan used to live here, Nomis remembered.

"But there's only one of me, and like twenty of you," Nomis replied.

"We can do a one on one Spleef game," Bill suggested.

"Or, you can just tell me what you know, and I'll be on my way," Nomis said.

"We won't tell you anything unless you beat me in Spleef!" Bill shouted.