Chapter 54

Jay's Point of View

Jay swung his axe at a Zombie. Kirai ducked under an arrow from a nearby Skeleton. Zaryn shot beams of magic at Endermen.

It was night time, and the three of them were outside of the Sectors, where monsters spawned as freely as ever. Jay, Kirai, and Zaryn constantly had to fight them off as they walked.

Jay sliced through a Creeper with his diamond axe. Kirai stabbed a Spider with her diamond sword. Zaryn killed a Slime with his magic.

They walked as they fought.

***

Nomis's Point of View

Nomis lay in her bed, trying to sleep. It was night time, and the moonlight shone through her window.

She was having difficulty sleeping, though. She kept thinking about Steve, and if he was okay. What if he had been hurt? What if Jeb had taken him prisoner?

Deep down, Nomis knew Steve was smart enough and strong enough to escape Jeb's prison. But there was still the fear that he couldn't, clouding Nomis's thoughts as she tried to fall asleep.

After both Steve and Jay left, Nomis had basically done nothing all day. She studied the iron golem, she talked with Shine and Cyril, she discussed Herobrine with Jean.

But Nomis had felt bored all day. She wanted to be out in the midst of the action with Steve or Jay, not staying at home babysitting the other Resistance members.

Nomis sighed loudly in her bed. Everything was quiet outside. She considered going out there, but decided against it. Nomis wanted to be alone, and it was possible that some people were still outside.

Nomis shut her eyes, but she still couldn't fall asleep. She tossed and turned, but nothing worked.

Suddenly, an odd sound was heard outside.

Nomis raised an eyebrow, but didn't move. She was probably imagining things because she wanted to fight.

But then Nomis heard the sound again. It sounded kind of like a hiss.

Nomis stood up warily and made her way to the window. She peered outside, but didn't see anything.

Then, something large crashed through her ceiling and blew up on impact with the floor.

Nomis was thrown through the window and skittered across the grass outside, with shattered glass showering her.

Her ears were ringing, and she could barely see anything. Smoke was coming out of her house. She vaguely felt two people grabbing her and pulling her up. All Nomis could do was stare at her house, which had just been half-destroyed.

Then, something large, green, and spidery crawled into view.