Chapter 68

Mimi's Point of View (Mi_shroom)

Mimi stared at her hands. They wouldn't stop shaking.

She had killed so many Zombie Pigmen. So many.

But she didn't have a choice. If she hadn't done that, Kat would have been killed.

So why did she feel so bad?

Speaking of Kat, Mimi was walking towards the infirmary to make sure she was okay. All the wounds from the Pigmen's swords had knocked her out.

She wouldn't be doing any battling for the next few hours at least.

Mimi entered the infirmary. Hal was already treating Kat's injuries, pouring a little bit of a potion on each cut.

"Need any help?" Mimi asked.

Hal looked up at her. "No, no. I can take care of her. You need to prepare to face Herobrine."

"I feel like a coward, but..." Mimi said. "I don't want to fight Herobrine."

"Why not?" Hal asked as he wrapped a bandage around Kat's wrist.

"I don't know. It's just that whenever I start attacking something, I can't stop. The only reason I stopped down in the Nether was because Kat needed saving," Mimi explained. "Otherwise, I would've kept going until I died. I'm afraid of myself, Hal."

"We all must make sacrifices," Hal replied.

Mimi fell silent. Hal continued to dress Kat's wounds, ignoring Mimi. Mimi took one more look at Kat's peaceful face and walked out of the infirmary.

Hal was right. The war wasn't about herself. She had to suck up her fears and do what needed to be done.

Mimi really didn't want to, though. She was afraid she might hurt someone. If only she had something that would fight for her.

Suddenly, she heard a cracking noise. She had been walking past the back of Nomis's house. Mimi turned her head in the direction of the wooden building.

There was a pile of cobblestone against the wall that looked very out of place. The cracking noise was heard again, coming from the cobblestone.

Mimi walked over to it curiously. She took out her trusty diamond pickaxe and hesitantly mined a block of the cobblestone.

On the other side was a baby Creeper.

Mimi shrieked and fell backwards. She raised her pickaxe in defense.

But the baby Creeper didn't attack her. It just looked at her with curiosity.

Mimi lowered her pickaxe in confusion. The baby Creeper looked just like a regular one, but less than a block tall. It was like the ones the mutant Creeper had used to attack the Resistance.

"H-hi," Mimi greeted the baby.

It looked around, then hopped over a block of cobblestone so it wasn't inside the pile anymore. It casually strolled over to Mimi.