Chapter 57

Jean's Point of View

The sun was peeking over the horizon. Jean, Tommy, Alice, Drew, and the group of citizens that were with them climbed back up the mountain. They had gone into the forest below to hide from the mutant Creeper. Drew came down and told them that they killed it.

"Yuri was controlling it. Nomis managed to make him lose his concentration, and we were able to kill the Creeper," Drew explained as they climbed.

"Was anyone hurt?" Jean asked, concerned.

Drew bit his lip. "Scullscan, he...he sacrificed himself and dragged Azoth into the mutant right before it exploded for the last time."

Jean's heart dropped. Scullscan had been depressed since Sharky's death. He must've been looking for a way to join him. And that was his chance.

"May Scullscan rest in peace," Jean said, her voice breaking a little.

The group was silent for the rest of the climb. The children didn't complain once. Little Emily was asleep in Nina's arms. Louis stared straight ahead of him.

Tommy had an arm around Alice, who was still unsteady. Apparently, the Creeper had exploded on her when she was rescuing Emily. Alice had been knocked out, but Emily was fine. Hayden and Diamond brought the two girls to Jean and the others.

Alice had woken up while they were still in the forest, mumbling about Creepers. She was still in shock from the explosion, so Tommy supported her.

They had brought the pets to the forest with them, too. The dogs Sadie, Jessie, and Ghoul trotted along with the group. Bacon the pig also followed.

They finally climbed up to the flat part of the mountain, where Creektown was.

The town had several large craters in seemingly random places. That mutant Creeper had blown up a lot.

"Alright everyone, take it easy today," Jean said to the citizens. "We've had a rough night." She knew what they experienced was nothing compared to the Resistance army members, though.

The townsfolk dispersed into the village. Hal went to see if there were any injuries he had to attend to. Nina took the children with her. Tommy helped Alice into Creektown. Drew walked into the town as well.

Jean went to find Nomis. As she walked down the gravel streets, she saw the deactivated iron golem with the L in Techno's front yard. It looked like he had just dumped it there. The Shark was in his backyard, tools and redstone materials cluttered around it. Jean's jet was still right outside the town, but Techno was in charge of fixing that, too. It didn't look like he had finished anything yet.

The president of Minecraftia continued walking through Creektown. She saw Bacon the pig licking Cyril, his owner, outside a house. Shine was sitting near them.

Jean walked around the daycare, which had several craters near it, and saw the watchtower.

Basically only the top half still remained, barely being held up by a few pillars of cobblestone. It looked like the mutant Creeper had exploded right next to it, taking out the entire bottom half of the watchtower. Cobblestone riddled the grass around it, and there was a huge crater a few blocks away. This crater was the biggest of all of them.

Nomis was kneeling in that crater, inspecting something.

Jean climbed her way down. She stopped by Nomis, who didn't notice her, and cleared her throat.