Chapter 31

Pixel's Point of View (artsandstories6654)

It was past midnight. Pixel was still awake in Creektown. Since he was blind, he didn't sleep much.

Pixel was at the archery range. He shot at a target, not knowing where they were landing. He was using his father's old bow, like he always did.

When Pixel was satisfied, he walked over to the target. He felt around it, trying to find where the arrows had landed. Out of the ten he shot, he concluded that two had hit the bullseye, five had hit in the ring just outside the bullseye, and three had hit on the other ring.

Not bad.

Pixel pulled out all the arrows to shoot some more, when he heard something strange.

It sounded like someone was fighting monsters just outside Creektown. But no one ever stayed up this late, except for Hayden, who wasn't here right now.

Pixel decided to go check it out. He followed the noise, noticing that it was near the entrance of Creektown. He heard intense grunting as whoever it was killed the monsters.

Pixel knew the attacker was male from the voice, but he couldn't tell exactly who it was. Was it even one of their own?

Pixel heard the unmistakable sound of a Creeper being killed. It didn't sound like this man was using a sword. It seemed like something smaller, like a knife.

Then Pixel heard some sort of mechanical blast, like whoever it was also had a pistol.

Pixel heard a Zombie dying, and then silence for a few seconds. He tried to figure out who it was who was fighting the monsters. He heard whoever it was breathing heavily. Pixel wondered if he saw Pixel there or not.

Then he realized who it must be. It only made sense for it to be him.

"Hey, Scullscan," Pixel said.

He heard the guy cry out in surprise, so he knew he was right. He must have been using Sharky's obsidian dagger and redstone pistol.

"What do you want?" Scullscan asked.

"Just wanted to make sure you're alright," Pixel answered.

"I'm not. Sharky is gone, and it should've been me," Scullscan muttered.

"Listen, you can't change the past. I learned that the hard way, when my dad's head was cut off," Pixel let that sink in.

"You don't underst--"

"No, you don't understand! You don't understand what it's like to see your dad's head cut off right in front of you; to feel your mother's dead body in your arms; to have your dog die from something that shouldn't even be possible!"

Scullscan was silent. Pixel knew that had gotten to him.

"Just....leave me alone," Scullscan muttered.

Pixel didn't move, and neither did Scullscan.

"Are you gonna go to sleep?" Scullscan asked.