Chapter 11

Madge's Point of View

Madge walked into her office deep down below the surface. She was in Sector 13, a snowy biome.

She inhaled the musty smell of the cave. Just the way she liked it.

There was a Nether portal in the corner, which was still lit. There was a desk and chair to the side, and a small table too.

Madge walked over to her desk. There sat her diary, which Nomis had hidden here a long time ago.

But Nomis wouldn't just leave the diary out in the open like this. Someone had been here, but not recently. Maybe a year or so ago.

Madge shrugged. It wasn't like it really mattered anymore. She sat down at her desk and closed her eyes. She relaxed.

She thought about how she had helped Jean defeat Notch. If Madge hadn't made Jean remember what the potion did, she wouldn't have thrown it at Notch, and Steve--and the rest of the world--would be dead.

After making Jean remember, Madge had swiftly left the building, foreseeing its collapse. She had then gone back to her hut in Sector 48, expecting to find Nomis.

But, Nomis and Simon were gone. Nomis had left a note on the table, which said: "Gone with the Resistance to save the world".

Madge had stayed in the hut for the next year, not wanting to show up at the Resistance uninvited. She had just recently decided to go to her office under Sector 13.

Madge still had her eyes closed. She loved this place.

"Madge."

Madge's eyes snapped open and she looked at the doorway.

There stood an old lady, who looked around seventy years old. She wore a faded maroon shirt and loose black leggings. She wore dirty white Vans, and black glasses. Her hair was gray, but it looked like it was once black.

Madge recognized this girl.

Kylee.

Madge stood up and hugged Kylee, her childhood friend. She thought Kylee had died in the Great War. Kylee was very important back then.

After all, she was Nomis's mother.

Kylee pulled back from Madge. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too. I thought you were dead?" Madge asked.

"Herobrine did strike me with lightning, yes, but I landed in water somewhere far away. I've been living outside of the Sectors. Then I heard about the Battle of Mojang, and I knew I had to come find you," Kylee explained.

"Well. It's been very interesting," Madge replied.

"Where's Hayleigh?" Kylee asked.

"Who?" Madge asked.

"Hayleigh. My daughter?" Kylee asked again.

"Oh...so that was her name..." Madge murmured.

"What do you mean?" Kylee asked.

"Well, when I was a kid, I didn't know the baby's name. So I gave her a name," Madge replied sheepishly. "We call her Nomis."