Chapter 65

Narrator's Point of View

"These guys again?" Grand asked. He brandished his diamond hoe.

"I thought they would stop after what Steve did," Claire mumbled, getting out her iron dagger.

"Of course not," Secret said, choosing a potion from his potion belt. "They do anything for money."

Crystal, Tre, Claire, Secret, Pixel, NinjaX, Pete, Grand, Audrey, and Chick were lined up at the edge of Creektown, watching ten bounty hunters approach.

Seto, Mitch, Jerome, Sparklez, Stampy, Squid, Jason, Dan, Pat, and Jen all had their weapons out, and were walking side by side towards Creektown.

"Why are you here?!" Secret called to them.

The bounty hunters stopped. "Jeb promised each of us ten thousand emeralds if we killed every member of the Resistance army," Seto called back.

"And we intend to get our emeralds," Dan added.

The ten bounty hunters charged.

The Resistance members glanced at each other, then charged to meet the bounty hunters.

Secret charged at Seto. Seto shot purple fireballs at him, but Secret jumped and rolled out of their way. When he was close enough, he tossed a potion at Seto, but he dodged it.

Crystal and Claire charged at Stampy and Squid. Squid battled Crystal in an iron sword duel while Stampy threw explosive cakes at Claire, who was forced to dodge each one.

Pete and Jason had a bow battle, both shooting arrows at each other. They both had to dive out of an arrow's path every now and then.

Pat and Jen attacked Grand and Audrey. It was Pat vs. Grand and Jen vs. Audrey. Weapons clashed against each other repeatedly, but never hit flesh.

Mitch and Jerome attacked X and Tre. X used his iron daggers to fight Mitch, who had an iron sword. Tre used his diamond daggers against Jerome's diamond axe. X and Tre had to dodge more than they could swing.

No bounty hunters charged towards Pixel, but he sensed one hanging back from the group. Not knowing what he was up to, Pixel aimed and fired an arrow at that bounty hunter. Whoever it was dodged it, so Pixel shot more arrows in that direction.

Chick started shouting arrows at Dan, who had a regular iron sword. He noticed Chick, and was about to charge, when he saw the bow she was using. His eyes narrowed.

Chick's eyes widened as she realized she was using Dan's bow to attack him.

Dan charged at Chick. She fired arrows more rapidly.

***

Meanwhile, Tommy and Alice entered the Town Hall, bows in hands. Jean was there, looking wary.

"Don't worry. You're safe," Alice said.

"It's not me they're after," Jean replied. "It's the army members. You two should be out there fighting."

"They could use you to get to us," Alice pointed out. "We can't take any chances."

Jean nodded. "I suppose you're right."

***

The bounty hunters and Resistance members were still battling. None of them had made any progress on hurting each other.

As Audrey was battling Jen, diamond sword versus iron sword, she saw something charging at them from across the mountain.