Fun Facts

Here are some fun facts about "The Fate of Minecraftia".

• I officially started this book on February 28th, 2016. I officially completed this book on February 28th, 2018.

• Donna and Diane, Jean's two assistants, are two of my aunts' names.

• Wayde (the mayor that Deadlox killed at some point) is one of my uncle's names.

• Jacob (Jean's successor) is one of my cousin's names. Zachary (the police officer that helped Steve escape jail) is another of my cousin's names.

• I guess I forgot about this last book, but Emily is also one of my cousin's names.

• I had no idea where I was going with Emily's predictive puzzles. I just thought it would be cool for her puzzle to have fire on it when the daycare exploded, and a bunch of people speculated theories in the comments. So, I continued the puzzle trend.

• Apparently I named all the children in Creektown at some point during this story. I don't remember, but my notes say that they are all some of my irl friends' names.

• Zaryn was Thomas's creation, along with Karen and Aaron (from TGW). Neither of us remember why we decided to make him a wizard or why he turned his father into a bunny.

• The user that gave me Techno's character did not tell me to make him a jerk for most of the book. I just kinda did that cuz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it was fun. He was okay with it, though, as long as Techno redeemed himself in the end. I think he did.

• Nomis's fate wasn't decided until around five chapters before her death. Thomas (Nomis's creator) and I weren't sure whether we wanted to kill her or not. Of course, five chapters before her death was also like seven months before it, so we had a lot of time to figure it out.

• While writing chapter 13, Thomas and Tori (Kirai) decided to "challenge" me by giving me elements to write into the chapter. Those elements were a pig jumping on Steve, and a melon farm (I think). In that chapter, Cyril's pig Bacon jumped on Steve, triggering memories of Porkchops, and Nomis battled Alice, Ashryn, and Tyler at a farm (hence the farmer in the epilogue). Tbh we should've done those "challenges" more often.

• When I saw the Captain America: Civil War trailer in 2016, I got the idea to have Steve and Jay (and Kirai in the volcano) battle multiple times. That chapter wasn't written and published until at least four months after Civil War came out.

• Because of Cap 3, I debated having the entire Resistance split and fight each other, but I decided against it. I kinda got to do that with the capture the flag chapter, but it wasn't the same.

• Speaking of which, the only reason I did the capture the flag chapter was because of Percy Jackson's capture the flag chapters (and also the Lorien Legacies series, if any of you have read that).

• According to Thomas, in order for the Resistance to get enough leather for all that enchanted leather armor in the capture the flag game, they would have had to kill between 192 and 576 cows. He did that math almost two years ago, and probably doesn't even remember it. It's been sitting in my notes for almost two years.

• I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote the "inappropriate" scene in chapter 53. It was a terrible idea. Fun fact: that chapter has the most comments out of all of my chapters: currently 539.

• Hayden was originally going to die later. He was going to go with Steve, Jay, and Kirai to battle Herobrine, but Herobrine was going to kill him easily to show how powerful of a villain he is. But when I was writing the Nether scene, I decided his death there would be better.

• I was not planning on having Yuri mind-control Kat. The constant tinkering with his device was supposed to only foreshadow controlling Herobrine. But, someone (I forget who) predicted in the comments that Yuri was going to control a person in the Resistance, and since Kat was available, I thought that Yuri controlling her would be perfect. Especially since Karim (Yuri) and Rebel (Kat) are friends.

• SkyDoesMinecraft leaving the bounty hunters in the epilogue was a reference to Adam quitting Minecraft videos on YouTube and making music.

• I technically never asked the users that own Scullscan and Sharky if I could kill their characters since I got them during AMS, but since neither of them were reading TFOM, I did it anyway.

• The other AMS characters I received were Nomis, Alice, and Kirai. Thomas wanted Nomis to die and Alice was fine with Alice dying. Tori specifically told me I couldn't kill Kirai.

• The characters I received for this story that were allowed to die were Fire Fall, Blue, Hayden, Brayden, Matster, Techno, Tyler, Azoth, and Ashryn. Naturally, I killed all nine of them.

• In the fun facts of AMS, I said I was originally planning on killing Louis and Steve. I technically did both in this book. Mission accomplished.

• TGW was 30 chapters. AMS was 77 chapters. TFOM was 84 chapters.

• Since beginning this book, I have hosted six Kik Comps; participated in three; cohosted one; finished TDN; wrote all of TH, RKC, and TDBT; wrote over half of TDMR; wrote five short stories; began Tagged and How-To books; and read countless short stories.

• At some point I guess I realized I needed to figure out how I was going to end the book. I wrote a general idea of each chapter starting from 75 in my notes. Each of the chapters also had a planned upload date, which stopped being accurate after 78.

• The original ending of TFOM, which I planned myself, was slightly different than what actually happened. Initially, Nomis was going to revive both Steve and Herobrine with the potion because she couldn't tell who was who. Then Yuri—who was not going to have encountered Kat outside the lair—was going to control Herobrine because he was weak. Herobrine's eyes were going to become pure red instead of white, and only Steve would see him disappear, taking Yuri with him. But, I decided to change that.

• Out of the 28 Wattpad users that sent me a character for this book, only 7 are still reading this book. I'm pretty sure some users who have characters never even started reading this.

• Many users that have characters have changed their usernames several times, to the point that I don't even know who's who anymore.

• At no point while writing this book did I plan on giving up and leaving it unfinished. I vowed to never do that, and kept that promise. Sure, I procrastinated a lot (especially on the last few chapters), but at least I finished it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all I can think of right now, but there are probably many more. Oh well.

Final author's note, which will reveal information about the future of my account, will be up soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~Radishologist