Chapter 28

Nomis's Point of View

The guards continued to march Nomis and Light down the hallway. Nomis realized they forgot to disarm her, but she preferred only fighting with hand-to-hand combat anyway. One of the guards in the front held Light's spear, and Jacob--who was now out of sight--had the Legend Compass.

There were about twenty guards in all--less than Nomis had initially thought--and they all had iron swords. Nomis didn't think any of them had redstone pistols, at least not any she could see.

Light looked at Nomis. They seemed to communicate with their eyes.

They both knew that the only way out of there would be to work together. Once they got through all the guards, though, it was every woman for herself.

Nomis inhaled deeply to steady her jitters. She and Light locked eyes again, and Light nodded. Nomis nodded back.

Then, they attacked.

Light punched the guard to her left, and Nomis punched the guard to her right, immediately knocking them both out.

The guard behind the one Nomis punched ran at her without pulling out his sword. He tried punching her, and Nomis easily ducked and grabbed his arm, throwing him over her shoulder, towards Light.

Meanwhile, the guard behind the one Light had punched had also charged at her without pulling his sword. Light punched him in the face before he could do anything, then side-kicked him in the stomach. She then punched the guy Nomis threw over her shoulder while he was still in the air, without looking at him.

Most, if not all, the guards had noticed Nomis and Light's attack by now. They all had their iron swords out and were closing in on the two girls.

Nomis and Light glanced at each other again as they were pushed closer together, then went back to fighting.

Nomis ducked underneath a swing from a guard, knocking the sword out of his hands on her way back up. She then punched him and jumped to the right to avoid a different guard's swing, kicking him and flying backwards into another guard. She raised her fist quickly to hit him in the face, then turned around and kicked him.

On the other side, Light was doing just as well. She knocked a sword away from her with her foot, and punched a guy on the other side in the chest. She then ducked under another guard's swing and uppercutted his chin. Since she was close enough, she punched a guy twice in the ribs. She heard a crack and a yell, but ignored it as she punched another guy in the head.

Three guards swung at Nomis at once, and she dodged all three of them. She managed to grab one of the swords and jerk it towards her, bringing the guard with it. She kneed him in the stomach as he came towards her. She then moved out of the way of another sword and slapped the guy with her momentum, knocking him into another guard.

Light grabbed a sword out of a guy's hand while he was swinging at her, turned it around, and stabbed him in the stomach. She heard several gasps around her, and the guards seemed to try harder to stop her. Light easily blocked a jab and kicked the guy in the groin. The guard grunted, and Light just kicked him in the head so he fell down, tripping several other guards.

A guard charged towards Nomis, and she grabbed his arm and pulled him around her to Light. Light punched the guy repeatedly in the head, knocking him down. Nomis knew Light was hurting the guards more than necessary, but she couldn't do anything about it.

Light then tripped a guy, who fell into Nomis. Nomis kicked him in the shoulder as he fell. She then punched a guard running towards her in the face, pushing him backwards.