Chapter 26

Nomis's Point of View

Nomis looked around. She was in a dimly lit room made of nether brick. The room was empty, except for a single pedestal in the center of it, with a light shining down on it.

Nomis walked over to it slowly, cautiously. There could be booby traps down here. She noticed that her invisibility potion had run out. But she didn't think there were any cameras down here. Judging from the amount of dust in the place, it looked like only Notch knew about this room.

Nomis made it to the pedestal without any hassle. There was a single item on the pedestal.

It was a compass, with purple particles floating around it. Nomis knew what it must be.

The Legend Compass.

Just as she was about to grab it, she heard a female voice.

"You don't want to be touching that."

Nomis looked up, but couldn't see where the voice was coming from in the darkness.

"I think I do," Nomis replied. She put a hand on the compass.

Someone suddenly materialized in the darkness. She stepped forward so Nomis could see who it was.

Light.

"That's coming with me," Light said. She had her spear with the iron point with her.

"I don't think so," Nomis replied. She grabbed the compass just as Light charged forward.

Light swung her spear at Nomis's head, who ducked under it. Nomis retaliated with an uppercut, but Light dodged that.

Nomis still had the Legend Compass in one hand, and she didn't have time to put it in a safe place with Light attacking her like this. Light brought the handle of her spear down on Nomis, who blocked it with her wrists. The two of them stayed like that for a few seconds.

Then, in one swift motion, Light kicked Nomis's hand that held the Legend Compass. The Legend Compass flew into the air, and Light caught it and sprinted away.

Nomis processed what just happened and ran after her. Light had run over to a door in the corner Nomis hadn't noticed before. She broke through it, and Nomis followed, not too far behind.

The door led to a staircase. Light was taking two steps at a time as she ran, so Nomis did the same.

She had to get that compass back. If it fell into the hands of Herobrine, the world could be destroyed.

Nomis made it to the top of the stairs seconds after Light. Light had run through another door and into the hallways of Mojang Offices.

Nomis didn't hesitate physically, but in her mind she wondered if this was a good idea. Someone would surely notice the two girls chasing each other through Mojang Offices.

She followed Light anyway. Light twisted and turned down hallways, obviously trying to lose Nomis. Nomis knew she wouldn't catch up just by running after her.

They didn't pass anyone as they ran, which was kind of eerie. But, Nomis assumed there were people in the offices they passed.

Nomis assessed the layout of the building as she ran. She figured they were near the middle of the building right now, where most of the hallways probably connected.