Chapter 82

I suggest skimming or even rereading the previous chapter if you forgot everything that's going on in this book.

~~~

Outside the Sectors

Nomis's Point of View

Nomis had been walking for what seemed like a long time. She wasn't keeping track. She was focusing on one thing—getting to Steve.

She knew he needed her help. She could feel it inside her.

The teleportation potion had taken her to the wrong place. Nomis had appeared near the ruins of New Block City. She was now walking through the dark towards Herobrine's lair.

Nomis could feel herself getting older. She wasn't sure if she would make it to Steve before she died.

But she had to save him. She loved him.

Nomis crossed over a hill. Everything was dead. There were no monsters around, even though it was night time.

She clutched the two potions in her hands as she walked. They were both extremely important for Steve's survival.

Herobrine's lair was still nowhere to be seen.

***

Mojang Park

Narrator's Point of View

Secret jolted upright, gasping for breath. The last thing he remembered was blacking out after Pixel rescued him from a giant and a fallen billboard.

He took in his surroundings. Pixel had laid him down on a bench in Mojang Park. Below his bench was NinjaX, who seemed to be in pain. Audrey was also nearby, playing with a flower for some reason.

All around the park, the rest of the Resistance members were battling mutant monsters. And it didn't look like the Resistance was winning.

Secret could instantly tell why. Each Resistance member was trying to do their own thing against the mutants. They weren't working together.

Shifting his legs was a bad idea. Secret groaned in pain and kept them where they were. Since he couldn't get up, he had to yell.

He rummaged through his belt and found one of his homemade potions. He drank it, then bellowed in a much louder and deeper voice than normal:

"Resistance! Form a circle around Secret on the bench! We need to work together to defeat these mutants! We're a team!"

Almost all of the Resistance members looked in Secret's direction and understood.

Hero didn't listen. She was still crying in the crater, holding Matster's lifeless body. It was a miracle that a mutant hadn't killed her yet.

Mimi heard Secret, but wasn't sure she wanted to move. The rest of the Resistance members were retreating to the bench, leaving the mutants to roam free.

Mimi brought her head back down to her knees. Something was building up inside of her.

She felt something nudge her leg. Mimi looked up. Bomby was gesturing towards a nearby crater with his tiny head.

Mimi didn't see anything special about the crater, except for the fact that the mutant Zombie was charging towards it.

But wait. Why would it be charging at that specific crater?