chapter 38

"I heard you got grounded. I thought I'd see how you were doing." Sheila sneered at me.

I backed up against my door, trying to get the handle to turn.

"Uh uhn." She grabbed my arm and yanked me way from the door, knocking me into the railing. Ow.

I stared at her. "What. Do. You. Want."

She fake-grinned at me. "Aren't you impatient," she took a step towards me, getting up in my face. "But if you must know, I just wanted to give you a little gift."

"What are you talking about?" I was so confused.

She smiled cruelly, twisted something off of her ring, then jabbed it at my wrist. I screamed as it burned. She laughed, and ran down the steps, getting in her car, and driving off.

I looked at my wrist. Burned in a perfect circle was an S. It hurt like hell, and I couldn't stop crying. I'd somehow ended up on the ground, and was sitting there with my legs under me, tears running down my face.

The door opened and Noah, came out looking worried. "Jenn, what's going o-," he caught sight of me and rushed over. "OhmyGod, what happened!?" I silently held my wrist out to him.

He inhaled sharply, and yelled into the house, "Aunt, Uncle! Get out here now!! We need to get Jenn to the ER or something!"

Noah pulled me into him, and I leaned my head against his chest. My tears were coming to an end. "It hurts Noah."

"Shh, it's gonna be ok. Come on, let's get you in the car." He helped me up, just as my parents showed up in the doorway, "What's going on!?"

He looked down grimly at me, "Sheila was here, she burned J's wrist." I lifted it up to show my parents. Their eyes widened in horror, and we all rushed to the car.

On the way there, I asked Noah to call Ross and Cora. When my parents nodded at him, he pulled out his phone and made the calls. He told them what had happened, and said to meet us at the hospital.

When we got there, the ER was practically empty, so I was brought into a room right away. I could only bring one person, so I had Noah come with me.

He sat on the chair, and I got up on the examining table. "So what happened anway?"

I swallowed hard, and told him. He glared at the floor. "You need to press charges J. I'll help you. At least get a restraining order."

I shook my had sadly, "What evidence do I have that she did this. They'd need more to be able to do anything.."

The doctor came in, and examined my wrist.He took a few swabs of it, to send to the lab, just to make sure nothing else transferred with the burn. He gave me a prescription for an ointment, and bandaged it. "I'm sorry to say that there is no way to get rid of it. But we can make sure it heals properly, so that it doesn't cause any other problems."

I nodded, took the prescription sheet, and went back out to my family. I had to wait for the lab results before I could leave, so I sat down in the chair beside Ross, and told everybody what had happened-with Sheila, and the doctor.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!!! BTW, MY UPDATES ARE GOING TO BE GETTING FURTHER APART, CUZ SCHOOL STARTS IN 6 DAYS, AND I NEED TO START GETTING READY FOR THAT, AND I STILL HAVE AN OVER-THE-SUMMER ASSIGNMENT TO FINSH BECAUSE I PROCRASTINATE. AND THEN IT WILL BE SCHOOL, AND WHO KNOWS HOW BUSY MY NIGHTS WILL GET!! SO I'M SORRY, BUT I MIGHT NOT UPDATE AGAIN FOR AT LEAST A WEEK, MAYBE MORE!!!! SO SORRY!!!!!