Chapter 57

3 MONTHS LATER

RYDEL'S P.O.V.

"Bye babe, i love you too." I said into the phone as I said goodbye to Jake. It was just over 2 months since we had come back to L.A. It had been almost 3 months since Jennifer was kidnapped.

We already had a few songs written for the album. Including two for me to sing, they were both about Jake. We were going to have two songs each about our individual relationships, and where we sang the lead vocals. We were then going to have two songs about all 5 of our relationships in general, taking turns with the lead and back up vocals.

I put my cellphone on my night table, and headed downstairs for lunch. I stopped as I went past Rocky's room. His door was open, and he was dancing around in his boxers. I stepped into his doorway, and waited for him to turn around and notice me. Hopefully before I started laughing. He turned around in the middle of a spin, and froze. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Rocky what are you doing?"

"Nothing..."

I laughed, "Really? Cuz it looked like you were full-on rocking out to Taylor Swift."

He blushed. "Don't tell anyone please?"

I nodded. "Okay. If they don't already know. Try turning the music down and closing your door next time.

Still laughing, I went into the kitchen and made a sandwich. Settling onto the couch, I turned on the tv. Much More Music was on. But no good shows. I sighed and turned off the tv. I finished my sandwich, then went to put my bathing suit on. I went in my room, and decided my bed looked really comfy. I crawled into it and fell asleep.

***************

THE NEXT DAY

JENN'S P.O.V.

I rubbed my hand over my stomach as I was led outside. No blindfolds. Carmine helped me into the passenger seat, and got into the driver's side, locking the doors. We drove out of the subdivision, taking so many turns and bends I couldn't keep track. He pulled into a parking lot outside an office building. This was the first time we were going to the doctor's office. Up until now, Dr. Winters had come to Carmine's house to check on my pregnancy.

But now I was 3 months along, almost done the first trimester, and he wanted to do an ultrasound. Something he couldn't do at the house. I liked Dr.Winters, he smiled at me and always tried to make me as comfortable as possible. But he never did anything to help me get out, but I did see him cringe whenever Sheila came in the room. So I think she had something on him, and was forcing him to keep quiet. Maybe this ultrasound was an attempt to get me seen by somene who could report it.

Carmine got out of the car, and came over to my side. He was always right beside me when I walked-extremely overprotective of me now that I was carrying his child. Bastard. We walked into the building and took the elevator to the 4th floor. Entering the doctor's office, I sat on the examination bed/table thing, and Carmine sat in a chair beside it.

"Good afternoon Jennifer and Carmine." He looked at me, "How are you feeling hon?" I shrugged, "A bit off balance and hormonal, but that's it."

He laughed, "That's normal, your body still needs to adjust to the added weight of your baby. And you will be hormonal because, well, you have an excess of hormones that are off-kilter in your body right now."

I smiled at him. "I've been taking the vitamins that you gave me last time, every day."

"Good, good. Now, would you like to see your baby?"

"Yes. Let's go." Carmine stood up. Dr.Winters looked at me. I nodded, and got off the table.

He led us into another room, and had me sit on another table.