Chapter 59

HEY!!! I"M SOOO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOTR AN UPDATE!!!! I WAS AT MY AUNT'S HOUSE FOR A FEW DAYS-AND COULDN'T GO ONTHE COMPUTER, THEN IT WAS HALLOWEEEN, AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE HAD TO WRTE!!! SO HERE IT IS!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!! <33

We walked back into the house, Ross's arm around my waist (luckily below the scar), and everyone else following. Jill jumped up and shrieked, running at Rocky. He picked her up and swung her, pulling her close for a kiss. Everyone ran to their boyfriends, Rydel surprising a shocked Jake as he came out of the kitchen to see what was going on.

It turned out that the whole group had come, not just Ross. It made me so happy to see them all again. Ross turned to me, his face going serious, "So what did you need to tell me?"

I swallowed, "Not just you Ross, all of you guys. Everyone that's already here already know..i just need to fill you guys in."

They followed me over to the living room, that kept getting fuller and fuller, and I sat down to tell them my news: The baby, the marriage, the new information Carmine had told me, and how I'd gotten rescued. When I finished, they all stared at me, then Ross hugged me tightly. Then pulled away in shock, as he felt the ridges on back. Well...I guess I couldn't hide them anymore.

"Jenn, what happened to your back?" His eyes and voice filled with horror.

I sighed, giving everyone a guilty look, "Sheila happened." I stood up, and went to walk to my room. Ross reached up to stop me, and I gave him a sad smile. "I'll be right back."

I walked up the stairs, and headed for my drawers, digging through shirts as I looked for a specific one. I finally found it, and switched it with the one I was currently wearing. It was a halter top that tied with a string at my neck, and a thin band of fabric that went around the bottom of my back. It was blood red, and wouls show my entire back, revealing the scar.

ROSS'S P.O.V.

I sat on the  couch, waiting with everyone else for Jenn to come back down. I couldn't forget the pain in her eyes as she told us what had happened. My blood boiling at the thought of that bastard touching her, and hurting her. I wanted to punch him until he was nothing but a pile of mush and broken bones. I thought back to when i'd hugged her, the feeling of something hard and thick under her shirt. Something that didn't belong. What the hell had Sheila done to her?

I heard someone suck in their breath, and I looked at them, following their gaze to the stairs. Jenn was walking down, wearing a red top. She'd left to change?

Then she looked up, and her eyes looked empty. It scared me, chilling my bones. She looked straight at me, "You wanted to know what happened? I'll show you."

She turned around so her bare back faced us. I felt like someone had sucker-punched me in the stomach. A thick long scar ran diagonally across her back. It looked extremely painful. How could anyone do this to her? I swallowed, and stood up, walking around so I faced her. Her eyes still looked blank, like she was keeping the emotions away, protecting herself. From this close, I could also see the bruises decorating her arms. It made me sick.

I raised my hand to her cheek, and layed it against the skin softly. "Jenn. It's over, you're home now."

She blinked, and tears ran down her face. The life returned to her eyes, and she lifted one hand to cover mine. "I may be home, but I can't get my mind out of that place."

What had happened there? Obviously she hadn't told us everything, but hopefully that would come with time. I could see the echo of the memories swirling through her eyes. I wanted to make her feel safe again. I wanted her to know that no one qould hurt her again. So I kissed her. Pressing my lips to hers, I wrapped my free hand around her back, carefully avoiding the scars.

She pulled her head away, then curled it against my chest, wrapping both arms around me. I took my second hand and put it around her, holding her against me.

******

JENN'S P.O.V.

My parents had sent everyone home, and I was curled up alone inmy room, absently rubbing circles over my stomach. In my mind, I was transported back to the basement, in the daily horror that had been my life before i'd gotten pregnant. My own screams echoing in my ears. Carmine's laughter. Alex was right. I couldn't keep it in. I was already regretting my crying when Ross had been here earlier. I couldn't let them know how bad my life had been. How many times i'd tried thinking of ways I could kill myself before Carmine, who was always in the room, stopped me.

I stood up, mde a phone call, and went downstairs. My mom was on the couch, she looked up when I came to a stop beside her. "What's up Sweetie?"

I swallowed, "I'm going out. I'm taking someone up on an offer."

Her eyes darkened with worry, "Are you sure? You just got back today, you should rest."

I looked her in the eyes, "I know. But I need to do this Mom. I'll be fine. I promise."

She sighed, "Okay... when will you be back?"

I shifted my feet, looking down, "I don't know."

She frowned, "It's 11 o'clock honey. You should be in bed as it is."

"I know, but I have to go Mom. I'm sorry."

I turned, heading for the door. I got outside, just as the car pulled up. It was a sleek black sedan. I pulled open the door, and got in.

"Hello Jennifer."

I looked at the driver. "Hey Alex. You were right. I need to talk. Because i can't do this alone. The memories drown out everything."