Chapter 70

YES, I KNOW CHRISTMAS ISN'T HERE YET. BUT MY STORY IS GOING TO BE ON A TIMELINE OF ITS OWN. CUZ IT WAS EITHER I POST NOW, OR YOU HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE MONTH FOR A NEW CHAPTER!! I FIGURED YOU GUYS WOULD PREFER AN UPDATE NOW!! :))

NOAH'S P.O.V.

I did another lap around the group of chairs. I checked my watch. 15 minutes until Jenn had been in there for 2 hours.

I looked up, and stopped just in time to stop from colliding with the doctor. Everyone's heads snapped towards him.

He smiled at us, "We were able to revert the process. All of her organs are functioning again, and she has been moved into the ICU where she'll be under observation. I'm afraid she can't have any visitors yet, not until she wakes up and has been examined."

Aunt Melinda went over to him, "How long until you think she'll wake up?"

He shrugged, "Unfortunately, we haven't determined that yet. It could be in a few minutes, or a few hours."

I stepped forward, "But not days?"

He shook his head, "Probably not."

We all breathed a sigh of relief, at least it wouldn't be days. Then his pager went off, and he looked at it quickly, then up at us.

"She's awake. I'm just going to examine her, and then she can start seeing visitors." Then he walked off to the ICU.

Oh Thank God!

JENN'S P.O.V.

Slowly, the blackness ave way to beeping and white. Lots and lots of white. Then the white started to make shapes, and I realized I was in a hospital room. That annoying beeping was one of the machines hooked up to me.

I remembered Sheila, and then fainting. OMG was my baby okay!!? I sat up, then groaned in pain and layed back down.

A nurse popped her head in, "You're awake! I'm going to page the doctor and he'll be right in sweetie!"

I nodded, and she was gone. A few minutes later the doctor from when I drowned walked in. Dr. I'm-A-SmartAss. Yay.

"You seem to have an extensive lists of recent visits Jennifer."

"Yah yah, is my baby okay!?"

He looked up at me, a weird look on his features. "I'm sorry this had to happen to you."

I stared at him, "What? Is my baby-"

"Your baby is fine. But your boyfriend should be arrested for being sexually active with a minor."

I gaped at him. "My boyfriend didn't do this!! I was held captive and raped for 4 and a half months!"

He froze. "Oh, I'm so sorry Jennifer."

I glared, "Just get this over with."

He examined me, then told me to lay down again while he waited for some test results.

"I'll tell the group out there that you can have visitors now."

**********

I groaned, and got out of the car. Luckily, I'd been able to go home already. But I couldn't take any pain meds because of my pregnancy. Ross helped me up the stairs and into my room. I sat down on the bed.

I looked up at the crowd following us, "I still can't believe I had to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital."

My mom put her hand over mine, "At least you'll be home for Christmas."

I smiled at her, then looked at the clock. "Are you guys still going to Midnight Mass? Cuz you should probably leave soon.."

They all looked at their hands, "Yeah..but we don't want to leave you."