chapter 5

Rydel went back to speaking, "So, we have all chosen our fans, now its time to tell you what the surprise is. Are you guys ready?" Of course, everybody screamed, no words, just a loud formless scream, even the 5 of us behind the barrier- especially us! "Okay, so we are going to bring the 5 of you onstage, and give you a mic to share..." Rocky took over "... and you will get to sing a song with us." Then Riker, "during the song, we might pull you away from the mic, and sing to you." Ellington broke in, "of course, Rydel and myself can't exactly get up to take you away from the mic, so one of those 3 -(he pointed at Ross, Riker, and Rocky)- will bring you over to us."

Then, the aforementioned three helped pull all of us up onto the stage, and Ross led us over to the extra mic stand. He took his own mic, and looked at the crowd and us, somehow. "Ok, so are you guys ready? Good, cuz we are all Fallin' For You!!!!" The music started, and the 5 of us looked at each other nervously, one of the other girls, Jill?, started nodding her head in time, and mouthing a countdown. I swallowed, and Cora squeezed my hand.

The cue finished, and everybody started singing- R5, and us 5. We were very timid, and probably didn't make for the best performers, but we were probably drowned out by R5 anyway. Rydel was the first one to call over her fan, and he looked absolutely thrilled, i was kind of scared he was going to break his jaw, his smile was so big. Next, Ratliff's girl was pulled away, before Jake had come back, and so it continued, until only Cora and i were still at the mic, trying not to mess up because we were so nervous.

We watched Rocky dancing with Jill, and Jake having a great time at the piano with Rydel, and Kate hanging out with Ellington behind the drums. Then, Riker started heading our way, Cora grinned at me, I grinned back, and then she was dancing to the other end of the stage with Riker, and I was left alone at the mic.

My thoughts were alll over the place: I can't believe I'm on stage!! Oh god, i hope i don't mess up!! DAMN, the boys look sexy!!! Why am i ALONE at this mic!! OHGODOHGODOHGOD!! DEEP BREATHS JENNIFER!!! I can't take deep breaths, I have to SING!!! Only one verse left, then chorus, then ending, OH GOD!!!

When, I was finally able to stop staring intently at the mic, it was to see Ross starting to turn towards this side of the stage.