Chapter 68

OVER A MONTH LATER- DECEMBER 23

JENN'S P.O.V.

I felt like my belly had grown double what it had been a month ago. 5 months, and I couldn't see my feet already. I couldn't wear anything except oversized sweaters, sweatpants, or tent-like dresses. I couldn't wait for when I was 9 months (note my sarcasm). Everyone else except Noah, Nina, and my dad were at the airport. Waiting to pick up the Lynches, the Ratliffs, and the Voosens. My dad was at work, and Nina and Noah were in the living room. I was in my room, staring out the window. The ground was covered in a few feet of snow after a blizzard the other day. Unfortunately, we hadn't been able to find warm enough winter clothes for me, so I couldn't go outside for more than 5 minutes.

I yawned, and covered my mouth. My nightmares were rare now. After many nights of sharing a room with Alex, and therapy sessions every day. Now my sleep was plagued because I missed Ross. Or I couldn't find a comfy position with my belly. Or my baby girl would start kicking.

I grabbed a quilt off a shelf in my closet, and waddled over the lazyboy recently moved into my room. It was the only way I could find a half-way comfortable position. But sometimes even it wouldn't help. I curled up in it, as much as possible, pulled the quilt over me, and fell asleep.

CORA'S P.O.V.

I rubbed my hands impatiently, searching the crowd for Riker. Or anyone else that was with. Finally, I spotted a them. I poked Kate in the arm, and ran towards them.

When i was close enough, I yelled Riker's name. His eyes caught mine, and he dropped his bag, running towards me, and pulled me in for a kiss. The world around us disappeared. After a few minutes, everyone had their luggage, and we were headed out to the cars.

All of us couples were holding hands. Ross was was even more hyper than usual, he couldn't wait to see Jenn.

**********

JENN'S P.O.V.

I woke up to a dark room. Which surprised me. I would have thought they'd be home before dark. And wouldn't they have come waken me up? Then I heard voices coming from downstairs. I pushed the quilt off of me, and stood up.

I waddled to the door and down the stairs. No one was in the living room. Then i heard laughter, and headed down the hall to the room where the wii was. And voilà. There was everyone. I smiled, and watched for a few seconds. Then Ross looked up, and practically bolted across the room at me.

He pulled me into a hug, and pressed his lips to mine. I ran my hands through his hair.

"Hey Ross, I'm so glad you're back." Happy tears were running down my face. Stupid hormones.

He lifted a hand to wipe my tears away. "I missed you so much Jenn." His eyes were wet too.

Then our daughter kicked, he could feel it, and knelt down to face my stomach. "I missed you too my baby girl."

I smiled down at him. "I love you Ross."

He grinned up at me. "I love you too."

Noah coughed, "Would you like to join us, or you two going to stay there and make us all feel uncomfortable?"

I put my hands on my hips and glared at him. "Why didn't any of you wake me up when you got back?"

"Because you need all the sleep you can get."

I could feel my body getting overly agitated. My glare intensified. "I'm getting enough sleep. and even if I wasn't, I haven't seen Ross in OVER A MONTH. I could be in the middle of the deepest sleep in the world, after not sleeping for a few months and I'D WANT YOU TO WAKE ME UP. You KNOW how much i missed him!!"