Chapter 56

WEEKS LATER

CORA'S P.O.V.

"No, the police haven't found anything yet. But they have eyes and ears on the street. It's being mentioned on the news, the radio, in newspapers, and there are posters all over town. If Sheila or Carmine leave wherever they are hiding, they are going to be seen, and reported. We just have to wait for that to happen."

I was talking to Ross. Him, the rest of the Lynches, Ellington, and Kelly had all gone back to L.A. They couldn't hang around here forever, and they needed to continue with their lives. Like all of us here did. We'd all gone back to school. Kate, Jake, Jill, and their families had all moved back into their rebuilt and refurnished houses. Noah and Nina were officially dating, and Katherine was back at university.

Everyday, I phoned the Lynches, talked to Riker because he was my boyfriend, and then Ross if he was getting antsy about news about Jenn.

Today was officially a month and a half since she'd been kidnapped, and we were still waiting for some sort of lead to show up.

JENN'S P.O.V.

Something was wrong. I felt like something should be happening, but wasn't. Except I couldn't place what that thing was. I was curled up, on my stupid little cot, cursing off at Carmine in my head. And freezing. I had lost my blanket when I'd bit Carmine's hand. And I had no clothes because Crmine was a sick-minded jerk.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!"Carmine's sleazy voice echoed through the room.

I rolled over and glared at him-at long ago lost any ounce of humility I had. There was no point, and it just made him laugh harder. "What are talking about?"

"It's a month and a half today since you've been with us."

I froze. Ohcrap. "What's the actual date?"

"Why?"

"Just tell me the date."

"Give me a reason I should." Great, he was in an extra-annoying mood.

I sat up. "Because depending on what date is is-I might hate a little more, and you might get super happy."

He was confused. Good, that didn't happen often. He told me that date. I dropped my head into my hands. NoNoNoNoNoNoNONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tears started filling my eyes. Carmine shifted his feet. "What's up doll?"

I mumbled into my hand.

"Speak up doll. I can't understand you."

I looked up and glared, "I'm late."

"What does that even mean?"

I stood up, "I'm late! I'm late!! I've NEVER been late!! Every month it's right on time, like clockwork!! I've NEVER BEEN LATE. Until now. and except one time before. But I'm late, and I don't wanna be late!" I burst into tears.

"What are you talking about?"

I picked up the pillow, "My period you idiot. My period is never late, except now it is and that can only mean..."my voice trailed off as I started crying harder.

Carmine looked like a dog with a bone. "It can only mean what?"

"I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant with your child you idiot!" I threw the pillow at him.

He grinned. "You're pregnant!?"

I nodded.

He ran at me, and before I could react, pulled me into a hug, and spun me. Then he kissed me. I pushed him away. "Leave me alone."