Chapter 47

JENN'S P.O.V.

Johnny gave me his trademark lazy smile, "Hey Jenny."

I groaned, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that!?" Since like grade 1, when we'd sat beside each other-the other kids nicknamed us "Johnny and Jenny". I HATED being called Jenny. And of course Johnny knew that, which is why he always called me by it.

His smile grew, "Ah, you know that'll never happen, Jenny. So, who's he?" He lifted his chin at Ross. I felt him stiffen against me. I put my arm around him.

"Johnny, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, Ross Lynch. Ross, I want you to meet tonight's guest-of-honour, and my longtime pain-in-the-behind, Johnny."

They nodded at each other, but I'd seen Johnny's face darken when i said boyfriend. Ooohh boy. Then he sneered at him, "So what happened to his face?"

Now I stiffened, "That's none of your business." Please please please please don't dig any further.

I saw the glint in his eye, and knew I had to find a way to leave. "You know what, we should probably go find the others, lets go Ross." I gently tugged his arm and we went to go.

But Johnny reached out and grabbed my hand. I froze in place, at the familiar sensation of his smooth hand against mine. He pulled me in close for a second, and whispered in my ear. Then he walked away.

Ross gave me a confused look, "What did he say?"

I shook my head, "Nothing important." But it actually was. He'd referred to my one dark secret, that no one but Livie and Johnny knew, and the words Let me know if you need to be saved again echoed in my head all night.

*********

Noah and I got back to my house, and I collapsed on my couch. It was about 2 am in the morning, and we'd finally decied to leave the party. Ross, Riker, and Cora had gone to their own houses.

Noah grinned down at me, "Would you like help getting upstairs?"

I nodded, and he picked me up and carried me to my room, dropping me on the bed. He gave me a kiss on the cheek, "Goodnight Cuz."

I smiled, "Goodnight Cuz." He left, and went into his own room.

I changed into a pair of comfy pj shorts and a tank top. Put my hair into a ponytail, and waited for Noah's light to go out.

When it did a few minutes later, I crept out of my room -all lights off- and felt my way to the back door in the darkness. I finally made it outside. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep after what Johnny said, and didn't feel like staring uselessly at my ceiling.

I sat down beside the pool, and stared at the water reflecting the small amount of light from the moon. Hands around my knees, my mind drifted back to those few nightmare months. It had been before Sheila and everything. I'd put it all behind me, and now it was coming back to haunt me.