Chapter 40

I've been officially back at the office at my restaurant for three days now, I got to say it felt good to be back here. Some people sure wouldn't mind staying home and not having to work bit for me that wasn't the same thing, I really couldn't stay home another week. If I didn't get back to work I would have probably lost my mind by now, it was getting really boring being stuck at home in the days especially now that everyone else was going out to work.

I had to be dealing with a customer issue right now. Some of the silly things these customers get upset and offended over. Apparently this guy thought he had ordered a chicken Parmesan dish but instead he had ordered a chicken alfredo pasta. When Khadja who happened to be his server brought his order of chicken Alfredo pasta he started being rude to her about her being incompetent and couldn't even take a proper order. When Khadja tried to tell him that the chicken Alfredo pasta was what he had indeed ordered he flipped demanding to speak with the manager or the owner of the restaurant. Other customers that happened to be close to his table also said that he had indeed ordered the chicken Alfredo pasta.

I honestly didn't have time for this guy right now so I just told him that he was the one who made the silky mistake and that he can't go around blaming my staff for his mistakes so he could either wait for a new order of chicken Parmesan or he could just leave, either way I didn't care as long as he refrain from disrespecting my staff and causing a scene in my restaurant. But the jerk decided to stay and was now trying to proposition me.

"Just another minute Alexa?" He said to me as I was going to go back to my office.. "Can I call you Alexa?"

"What is it you want Mr.Coleman?" I asked annoyed.

"I'm sorry about what just went down a few minutes ago. I really didn't mean to make a scene" he said to me. "But I was wondering if I could take you out to dinner sometime?"

"Dinner?" I chuckled looking at him in disbelief.

"Yeah, as my apology" he smiled hopefully. "You definitely like it, I'm fun like that"

"Mr.Coleman no thanks, I own two restaurants if I'm that desperate to have dinner I can have it at either one, by myself or with someone else who isn't as rude and cocky as you are" I said to him before walking off leaving him and going back to my office.

This guy was unbelievable. Who does that? Make a wrong order, insults the waitress, caused a scene, demand to talk with the manager then tries asking her out? Apparently this guy. The only dinner I would so gladly attend with him would be one where he was the dinner being fed to sharks. He seemed like one of those persons who craved attention and trust me I wasn't a fan of those type of people.

The rest of the day went in without any more drama thankfully. I had really missed here and was glad to be back at the restaurant but I was definitely not glad to be dealing with petty customers and with petty dramas. I just couldn't understand how some people could behave this way, it was all just so ridiculous and pathetic. At about 4:10 I decided to leave early. I needed to go get some new pair of jeans and bras. I was supposed to go shopping before but I had put it off until this evening. I was just going to go to CHANCES anyway, since we already sell all those stuff might as well shop at my own store, that way the money stays within the business.

"Hey Derek, I'm gonna be heading out a bit earlier today" I said to Derek as I had left my office. "You're alright with handling things for the rest of the day right?"

"Lexi, you asked that question every time you're leaving me in charge. Of course I can" Derek chuckled. "I've been doing this ages now. What you still don't trust me enough?"

"You know that isn't what I mean" I chuckled. "Thanks though, take care. I'll see you tomorrow".

"Have a good day Lexi" Derek smiled.