Carlos Strikes Again

Jacob's POV

It's official, Carlos is living with us. He just moved in with his little French bulldog, Rosie. It hates me but seems to love Lily who is like her second owner. But my mom's been acting so weird now that Carlos is here, she wears makeup. Like she only ever used to wear it for like weddings and stuff but now she wears it on a daily basis, she's also started dressing up a little more but I think it's just for Carlos. She used to walk around the house in  her Juicy Couture tracksuits or her pyjamas, now she dresses like 'Lasha. I love the way 'Lasha dresses just not on my Mom and I can't really complain to anyone because the guys don't really care, I'm not talking to 'Lasha at the moment and Lily is always either busy with school and cheer and Rosie and she volunteers for an animal centre. So I don't really have anyone to turn to.

Theresa: Jacob hun get ready for dinner with the Augusts. I need to go pick Lily up from the shelter and by the way Carlos is sleeping so try not to wake him up.

She had a pair of white skinny jeans and a blue tube top on.

Jacob: I won't.

I flopped onto the couch and turned the TV on, There's never anything good on these days, 106 and Park is so repetitive and MTV isn't what it used to be, don't even get me started on Disney channel.

Carlos came downstairs.

Carlos: Oh hey buddy.

Jacob: I'm not your buddy.

Carlos; Oh sorry... So what are you watching?

Jacob: Nothing really.

Carlos: Where's Lilypad?

Jacob: She's just Lily to you and she's at the shelter.

Carlos: Great girl isn't she? How old is she again?

Jacob: Why do you care she's not your kid?

Carlos: Apparently she's not your mom's kid either, I don't really know why she's here...

Jacob: She's here because we love her.

Carlos: Jacob I've been living with you for a while now why don't you trust me?

Jacob: Because I barely know you.

Carlos: I just don't understand, I mean Lily took to me quite well I think-

Jacob: Leave her alone.

Carlos: You seem to be really protective over her.

Jacob: Of course I am she's my sister you idiot.

Carlos: Ok Jacob, I understand that you don't like me but that's no reason for you to call me an idiot. I just think you should know that I'm not trying to be your newest dad or anyth-

Jacob: I already have a dad, he lives in England!

Carlos: Sure you do.

He got up and left. 

                                                                   En Route August Residence

Carlos was sitting up front with my mom whilst Lily and I sat in the back. He thought he knew a shortcut and know the idiot got us stuck in traffic.

Jacob: I'm telling you he was so rude, he was all like "sure you do" and he was asking unnecesary questions about you.

Lily: Jacob I'm really sorry but can I just sleep on your lap until we get there? I've had no sleep for the past week and I've been chasing dogs round the park all day and when I get home I have to study for my algebra test and-

Jacob: It's ok I know you're busy between seeing Jojo and school and cheer and the shelter just go to sleep.

Lily: Thanks.

I she rests her head in my lap and I sit there playing with her hair for a while. Mom sees us in the rear view mirror and smiles, I smile back but Carlos sucked her back into their conversation before she could see.