Back In The Game

Jojo's POV

So here I am, I took Lily and Javi's advice I bought her flowers not from a gas station or anything, from a real florist. Turns put Lily goes every week to buy flowers for her dinner table so when the lady at the till found out I knew her she gave me 20% off. I guess my ex is still good for something.

After the florist I visited a chocolate shop and it was expensive as hell, the assistant started talking about what country do I want my chocolate to be from. Like I give a damn. Anyway I ended up getting Eunice a small box of chocolate and went back home to pick up the picnic basket my Mom made and walked to Eunice's house.

What if she says no?

If she does Imma look so stupid.

I took a deep breath and rang her doorbell some boy opens the door.

Jojo: Who are you?

????: Who are you?

Jojo: I'm Jojo who are you?

????: I'm Josh.

Jojo: Is Eunice home?

He walks half way up the stairs.

Josh: Eunice, some gay ass nigga here to see you!

Jojo: Nigga I ain't gay.

Josh: Trust me you gay.

Eunice comes down the stairs, she looks so perfect. She does the hair flip thing Lily used to do when we used to date, I don't know why but I love it when girls do that shit.

Eunice: Josh what did I tell you about calling people gay?

Josh: That being gay isn't a bad thing, sorry Eunice.

Eunice: It's ok, I'll help you with that Spanish homework later on. 

Josh: Alright.

Josh goes upstairs, Eunice walks towards me and leans on the door frame.

Eunice: Hey.

Jojo: H-h-h-hi I want- I mean- I like- I mean- I need- I should- we should- you should- These are for you.

I handed her the flowers, the chocolates and the picnic basket and sprinted down the block.

Did I seriously just do that? 

I'm such a fucking loser sometimes no wonder Lily broke up with me. 

Eunice must be so confused right now.

I start walking back and knock on her door again, this time Eunice opens the door.

Eunice: Oh you're back.

Jojo: Sorry about that, I've never really asked out a girl before. So I was wondering, do you wanna go out for a picnic?

Eunice: I'd love to go out for a picnic with you.

Oh. My. God.

SHE SAID YES!

A huge weight has been lifted off me.

I can feel Jesus, God and the angels smiling down at me from heaven.

Hallejah.

Eunice: Don't worry though I'll bring the food.

She holds up my Mom's basket and we both laugh.