Baby Shower

Lily's POV

Today is Mari and Ray's baby shower, Lele's been planning it for months. She told me that she had ordered a cake specially called a "gender reveal cake".

Lele: So what happens is the only people who know the sex of the baby is Ray, Marie, the party planner which of course is me and the baker. When Ray and Marie cut into the cake you'll either see pink for a girl or blue for a boy.

Bri: So what are they having?

Lele: A party.

Bri: No I mean girl or boy?

Lele: I'm sorry I can't tell you that. Now help me tie ribbons onto these favours.

Lele takes her job as party planner very seriously so got Bri, 'Lasha and I to come help out.

'Lasha: So Lily, how are things with Javi?

There were a couple of "oohs" as we tied ribbons onto the bags of sugared almonds.

Lily: He's so sweet and he makes me feel really special.

There were a few "awws" around the table.

Lily: And he plays guitar.

Lele: Has Jojo talked to you since the incident?

Lily: Yeah, I don't really want to talk to him that much though.

Bri: I don't like that new girlfriend of his. She seems like a- a.

'Lasha: Gold digger?

Bri: Yup. A couple of days ago CJ let Jojo borrow his card because Jojo and that hoe were going to the mall, A couple of hours after they got back CJ got a bill for $500.

Lily: I've been to the mall with Jojo loads of times and he's never spent that much money.

'Lasha: That's because you pay for your own shit. 

Bri: When CJ saw the bill it was all crop tops, bikinis and Jordans.

Lily: She was probably shopping for basketball practice.

'Lasha: Y'all let her on the squad?

Lily: No, she comes to basketball practice to cheer on Jojo and shew wears the same crop top and short shorts every time she comes to practice.

'Lasha: I need to start helping your squad out at practice again. I wanna see this.

Lily: It is pretty funny, her cheers are so stupid and she tries to outcheer us.

Lele: I drove past her and Jojo walking home once.

Bri: Oh yeah I was with you.

Lele: Why was she wearing a mini skirt to school?

'Lasha: Because she a hoe.

Bri: There was a girl like that in our school wasn't there?

'Lasha: Candy still goes to our school.

Lele: I know she hangs around Chres and she's always all over him. It's disgusting.

Lily: Oh I know Candy, the way she acts and dresses is so-

'Lasha: Cheap?

Lily: Yeah.

Bri: I mean who has a pink weave?

Soon, one by one the guests started to arrive at Ray and Marie's new apartment, when it got closer to the time Lele made us quiet down.