Dinner With The Augusts

Jacob's POV

So after like two hours of being stuck in traffic with Carlos going on about his stupid job we finally made it to Chres' house thank God.

Jacob: Lily wake up we're here.

I tapped her on the shoulder and she woke up. I knew what this entire dinner was about, it was about Mom showing Carlos off.

                                                  August Residence

Mrs, August (Rina): Oh hi Theresa, Lily, Jacob Chresanto is in his room and you must be the Carlos I hear about every yoga session.

Carlos: I guess I am.

I didn't want to hear the rest of the conversation, I took Lily up to Chres' room.

Jacob: Chres open up it's us.

Chres: Oh hey man.

He daps me.

Chres: Hey Lily.

He gives her a hug that seemed to last for quite a while.

Ches: Lily come on, you have to come see my new puppies. Oh... you too Jacob.

He lead Lily over to the puppies' bed and watched her kneel down and pick one up, something seems odd about him today. He's acting so weird and he seems to treat her differently now, but maybe it's just because I'm caught up with the whole Carlos and Mom thing that it looks different to me.

Lily: Chres they're adorable, especially this one.

Chres: You want him?

Lily: I can't.

Chres: Why not?

Lily: Pitbulls are illegal in England.

Chres: You sure?

Lily: Yeah they were outlawed around 2007 for being stereotyped as too aggresive (A/N: This is true)

Chres: Seriously?

Lily: I know they're not, people just don't raise them right.

Chres: I know you'd raise him right if you could.

Lily: Thanks.

Chres: I heard you were volunteering at the shelter now.

Lily: Yeah I-

Jacob: Guys I am still here.

Chres: Sorry, you hit up 'Lasha lately?

Jacob: No don't even talk to her at school.

Chres: Well she misses you.

Jacob: I don't care.

Lily: Yes you do.

Jacob: No I don't.

Lily: He does really.

Jacob: Let's just change the subject.

Chres: You can change the subject but it's not gonna change the fact that she's coming over.

Jacob: She's what?!

Chres: Coming over, her and her family. You didn't think it was just gonna be us and our families did you?

Jacob: Yes. Us our families and Carlos.

Chres: Well the Shepards are coming over too just so you know.

The doorbell rings

Chres: That's them.