Bye Bye Jacob

Lily's POV

Mom said Jacob only had to go to his special place for the first week of spring break, when she told me that spring break seemed ages ago and now it's finally here. We were all eating breakfast in the kitchen and I couldn't stop staring at Jacob's bags out in the hallway.

Carlos: Don't worry Lily your brother will be back before you know it. It's just a week.

Jacob: Yeah but you can say it's just a week because you're not the one going.

Mom: Jacob you'll be fine, you've done this before.

Jacob: I barely remember it, besides I don't know why I'm doing this I'm fine I just made one mistake that's all and we all have bad days.

Mom: I know sweetie.

Carlos: Maybe it's all that Nirvana and Iron Maiden punk rock stuff you listen to making you angry.

Mom: I highly doubt that Carlos.

There was a honking noise coming from our driveway.

Mom: Oh that's Jacob's bus let's go walk him to it.

Carlos grabs Jacob's luggage and helps the bus driver load it onto the bus.

Mom: Good bye baby

She hugs Jacob then plants a million kisses on his forehead.

Jacob: Bye Mom.

He then turns to me and bends to my height, he stares at me for a while then wraps me in a huge bear hug.

Jacob: I'll miss you.

His face is buried in my shoulder and I can hear him crying a little.

Lily: I'll miss you too. I love you.

Jacob: I love you too Lilypad, don't get into trouble while I'm gone and make sure you visit 'Lasha for me.

Lily: I will.

Carlos: Well it's time to go, see you in a week champ.

Jacob: See you in a week Carlos.

They shake hands and then Jacob gives Mom and I one more hug before stepping on the bus and waving at us. When the bus moves I run along side it until it goes past the end of the street and walk back to Mom and Carlos crying a little.

Mom: Aw no honey don't cry.

Lily: I miss him already.

Carlos: It's gonna be ok. You wanna go to Baskin Robins later?

I nod whilst wiping my tears. 

Carlos: Come on let's get back inside.

Mom: And Lily hon, when we get inside I need you to pack your stuff when we get inside to stay overnight at the August's house.

Did she just say the August's house? Why couldn't I stay at Jojo's or 'Lasha and Bri's? I'd rather stay home alone. I know Chres and I broke up because we thought we were too close to be in a relationship but it's just plain awkward around him now. I don't want to spend the night with him.

Mom: Carlos and I are going to a wedding fair tomorrow, then catching a flight to New York to have brunch with Carlos' mom.

Lily: Can't I come with you?

Mom: I'd love for you to Lily but we could only get two plane tickets and besides you wouldn't want to go to a boring old brunch.

Lily: Why can't I just stay home alone? I can cook and I promise I won't throw a party.

Mom: We were going to let you stay home but Carlos checked the weather forecast and there's supposed to be a thunderstorm.

Carlos: But if you're a good girl for the Augusts, we talked to Asia's parents about you going to a sleep over next week.

Lily: Ok.

Mom: We should go inside, Lily do you want me to make you another pancake?

Lily: No thankyou.

Carlos: You want me to make you a smoothie? I bought peaches yesterday because I knew they were your favourite.

Lily: Ok.

What do you think about Jacob leaving? What's gonna go down at the August's residence? Do you guys like Carlos? If you hate him then why? Tell me what you think about this chapter I love getting comments from you guys. Love you.