Chapter 5: Unexpected Guest

Nue's POV

"Nue! Nue, wake up!" I heard Iri say as she shook my shoulders. I grumbled in my sleep. "Let me sleep." I mumbled. Iri didn't give up that easily. She kept shaking me. I sighed and woke up, knowing she wasn't going to stop until she got what she wanted.

"What is it, Onee-chan?" I asked while rubbing my eyes. "You've got to see this." She said, pulling me out of bed. "Okay, okay. Just let me get my robe." I said, walking towards the door to get my robe. Once I put it on, I followed Iri down the hallway.

This better be good or else Iri had woken me up for nothing. "What time is it?" I asked, yawning. "It's 3 in the afternoon. You've been asleep for at least 6 hours." Onee-chan answered. I yawned again. "Can I go back to sleep now?" I asked.

"Not yet. Come on, this way." She said, leading me towards the banisters. She squatted down while pulling me down with her. "What are we doing here?" I asked sleepily while I rubbed my left eye. "Look down there." Onee-chan ordered, pointing towards the living room.

I followed her pointed finger and saw Okaa-san sitting on the couch, across from someone. I gasped. "Iri, we shouldn't be doing this." I whispered. "What do you mean?" She asked, trying to look innocent. I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, we shouldn't be eavesdropping." I explained. Eavesdropping is one of Iri's hobbies. Well, actually, the worst; It was like she had an addiction. I focused my attention on my mother and the visitor she was with.

It looked like they were talking. I couldn't see the guest's face because their back was turned. "What business do you have here?" Okaa-san said to the visitor. She sounded a bit irritated. I saw Sharon and Julia standing behind her as she talked.

What the heck is going on? "Why is Okaa-san angry?" I asked my older sister. "I think I might have a clue. Come on. Let's get a closer look." She replied as she grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs quietly. I noticed Iri had a frown on her face when she said that.

Does she know the unknown guest as well? We stopped halfway down the stairs, then masked our chakra, making sure that we were hidden easily. "Now, now. Is that anyway to treat your guest, Luna?" The unknown guest asked.

Hearing from the person's voice, it was a male. "You're not welcome here. Leave my home at once." Okaa-san ordered coldly. I could feel her chakra darken a little. That's not a good sign. I've never seen her like this before.

What the hell is going on? "Nue, don't be afraid." Iri said. I almost forgot she was with me. "I'm not." I said. I was more curious than afraid. I tilted my head back a little, feeling myself about to sneeze. Iri quickly pinched my nose.

I sighed quietly in relief. Then, Iri sneezed. We both froze and Okaa-san looked right at us. 'We're so dead' I thought. Okaa-san stared at us a little while longer, then sighed. "It's alright, girls. You can come down." She said.

Iri and I looked at each other, then shrugged. We unmasked our chakra and made our way downstairs. The man who was sitting across from Okaa-san turned his head and smiled at us, making Okaa-san glared at him.

The man had long black hair, pale skin, and gold eyes with a purple shade above them. I walked towards Okaa-san with Iri behind me as her hands were on my shoulders. I felt her grip tighten a little as we walk pass the strange man.

I sat down on the couch with my Okaa-san on my left and my Onee-chan on my right. I stared at the man across from me. "Who do we have here?" He asked, looking at me. Before I could say anything, Okaa-san spoke up first.

"She's my daughter." She said with anger in her voice. "Really? I didn't know you had another daughter." He said, smirking at me. "That's because it's none of your concern!" She snapped. The man began to chuckle.

It wasn't a nice one. It was more of a creepy chuckle. "What is your name, child?" He asked me. "I'm Nue." I said with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Nue. My name is Orochimaru." He said. Call me crazy, but I feel like I've known this man from somewhere before.

Feeling curious, I hopped off the couch and walked over to Orochimaru. "Nue," Iri said, trying to stop me. I ignored her and made my way over to Orochimaru. I stood in front of him and stared at him. "Hmm..." I hummed as I stared at him curiously.

I gave a closed eye smile and said, "It's nice to meet you, Orochimaru." I blinked in confusion when he started ruffling my head. "Such a sweet girl you are, Nue." He said with a smile. I smiled back, but it quickly faded when a hand slapped Orochimaru's hand off my head.

I looked behind me, seeing Okaa-san with a frown on her face. She wasn't frowning at me, but at Orochimaru. "Don't you dare touch my daughter." She said, her voice cold. I looked at Okaa-san, then at Orochimaru.

It looked like they were having a staring contest. Orochimaru blinked, breaking the staring contest. He looked back at me when he caught me staring at him. "What's the matter?" He asked. "Nothing. It's just that..." I trailed off.

He raised a brow, waiting for me to finish my sentence. "Have we met somewhere before?" I asked him. He blinked before staring at me for a long time. "Orochimaru-san?" I asked. He blinked again, looking at me again. His gaze went from my eyes to something else that was on me.

"What are these?" Orochimaru asked, looking at my red wings and blue tails. 'Oh shit! I forgot to keep them hidden!' I thought. I face palmed. Okaa-san has told me repeatedly to keep them covered whenever someone was over.

Why don't I ever listen to her? Now, here they are, out in plain sight for Orochimaru to see. Iri face palmed as well. Probably because she's just now realizing that they were out in plain sight. I guess she forgot that someone was here since she's used to seeing my wings and tails out in plain sight.

Well, she's used to seeing them whenever I'm in the house. 'Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!' I thought. I looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact with Orochimaru. "Um, well... you see... they're... um," I tried to think of an excuse, but nothing came into mind.

"I'm sorry!" I said. At this point, that was the only think I could say. "What are you apologizing for?" Orochimaru asked me, sounding puzzled. "Well... because I, uh... I don't know." I said. Man, I suck. "I think they look absolutely beautiful." Orochimaru said.

"Huh?" I looked at him and stared into his golden eyes.'Why would he think these things on my back are beautiful? Who would? Who is this guy anyway and how does he know Okaa-san?' I thought. So many questions were rolling through my mind right now.

Okaa-san fake coughed, making me blink. "Iri, take Nue up to your room and don't come out until I tell you." She ordered my Iri as she glanced back at him. "Hai, Okaa-san." She said, getting up from the couch.

Iri grabbed my hand, pulling me away from Orochimaru. "Nue, let's go." She said as she pulled me towards the stairs. I look back at Okaa-san and Orochimaru. What made me feel uneasy was I'd thought I saw Orochimaru smirk at me. Maybe I was just imagining it.

...Right? I was just imagining that, right?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Uh-oh. Orochimaru's here. Why is he here and what does he want? All will be revealed in the next chapter. Comment, vote and tell me what you think. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you all later.

Kureiji out~